PDA

View Full Version : Its Here!!!!!!!!!

Mooncatt
01-24-07, 01:04 PM
my girlfriend called me a bit ago saying that GWX SH3 commander has arrived from America thanx to Jasonsagert!!!!! i cant wait to get home from work and get the thing installed.
however im not sure how to go about installing it all from a disc, will it do it automatically when i insert disc or will i have to move all the files manually.
also do i install gwx first then sh3 commander or the other way around??
thanx guys

melnibonian
01-24-07, 01:07 PM
my girlfriend called me a bit ago saying that GWX SH3 commander has arrived from America thanx to Jasonsagert!!!!! i cant wait to get home from work and get the thing installed.
however im not sure how to go about installing it all from a disc, will it do it automatically when i insert disc or will i have to move all the files manually.
also do i install gwx first then sh3 commander or the other way around??
thanx guys
As long as the files are all in the same directory there shouldn't be any problem for the installer (DVD or HD is the same thing). Install GWX first and then SH3Cmd

In either case you just run the GWX.exe and it does anything for you. I don't think there is an autorun function so you probably have to run it yourself.

GT182
01-24-07, 01:09 PM
Use My Computer/Explore to see what's on the disc. Then if it's a folder with the GWX exe and the 5 bat files, just click on the exe, make sure proper pathway is set and install.

Mooncatt
01-24-07, 01:10 PM
well that sounds easy enough. also he has sent me patch 1.4b will this auto run too????

melnibonian
01-24-07, 01:14 PM
No the patch will not auto run. To install GWX this is what you have to do:
1. Have a CLEAN installation of SH3
2. Patch it to 1.4 (just run the patch and point to the correct folder)
3. Install GWX (run the GWX.exe and again point in the correct folder)
4. Install the Dec-23 update (you can get it from the link in my signature)
5. You're ready to do

For the update you need to
1. Extract it to C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS
2. Run JSGME from C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3 and enable it
3. Enable whatever other mod you like
4. Enough of all this!!! Go and sink someone now;) :D :up:

Mooncatt
01-24-07, 01:19 PM
thanx for the help guys i dont think ill have any trouble but no doubt i will. so tomoz expect my first GWX patrol report if all goes to plan :D

melnibonian
01-24-07, 01:22 PM
thanx for the help guys i dont think ill have any trouble but no doubt i will. so tomoz expect my first GWX patrol report if all goes to plan :D
Most people had problems with GWX installation because they didn't have a CLEAN install of SH3. My suggestion for CLEAN installation is:
1. Uninstall SH3 from your computer
2. Delete or re-name the SH3 folder in C\My Documents
3. Install SH3 from the DVD
4. Patch it to 1.4
5. You're ready to install GWX.

It's really simple and easy, so if you're patient and you follow these instructions you'll not have any problem. Good Luck and we wait your patrol reports (it will be more than one we all know that;) :D ) tomorrow along with your opinion on the game.:up:

EDIT: For SH3Cmd don't forget to add the extra cfg files you need to play GWX. You can get them from the link in my signature if you don't have them.

Mooncatt
01-24-07, 01:30 PM
jasonsagert said in a pm that he has included everything i need so i doubt i will have trouble im just not too good with stuff like this but sounds staright forward enough hehehehe. time at work is now dragging like hell :damn:

melnibonian
01-24-07, 01:32 PM
jasonsagert said in a pm that he has included everything i need so i doubt i will have trouble im just not too good with stuff like this but sounds staright forward enough hehehehe. time at work is now dragging like hell :damn:
I know the feeling mate. Just be patient and soon you'll be sinking the Royal Navy;) :D :D I really hope your girlfriend knows that from now on you'll see/talk/eat/spend time together once a week:p

Enjoy GWX:up:

Jimbuna
01-24-07, 02:30 PM
If you aint both already living together then theres absolutely no chance now :lol:

I have responded to your PM and you are most welcome ;)

Mooncatt
01-24-07, 02:32 PM
:lol: yeah we do live together, i get in trouble now and im only playing stock atm

danlisa
01-24-07, 03:50 PM
I hope that you've remembered to extra files needed for SH3Cmdr. (if you're going to use it);)

jasonsagert
01-24-07, 04:05 PM
Yep, included EVERYTHING you need for GWX and SH3 commander. I also included the GWX manual--the directions for install and use of SH3 commander are in that .pdf.

Enjoy:up:

stabiz
01-24-07, 04:36 PM
Great effort, jasonsagert! Enjoy it, mooncatt!:up:

melnibonian
01-24-07, 07:28 PM
Yep, included EVERYTHING you need for GWX and SH3 commander. I also included the GWX manual--the directions for install and use of SH3 commander are in that .pdf.

Enjoy:up:
jasonsagert you rule:up:

mooncatt enjoy GWX:up:

Chad
01-24-07, 08:46 PM
If I have the UK version of SH3 will GWX that I get in the US work with the UK version? Or should I download GWX from UK websites?

jasonsagert
01-25-07, 12:46 AM
Chad,

There is only one version of GWX and it works for all versions of SH3--as far as I know. Hell, I'd be willing to bet my lunch money on it:up:.

J

melnibonian
01-25-07, 05:20 AM
If I have the UK version of SH3 will GWX that I get in the US work with the UK version? Or should I download GWX from UK websites?
Yep there is only one GWX version. The only thing you have to be sure is that you're using the correct patch for SH3. There are four. Two American (DVD and download vrsions of the game) and one European (again DVD/Download versions of the game). If you add the correct patch to your SH3 installation you will have no problem with GWX