PDA

View Full Version : Possible to install Dec 23rd update AFTER GWX?

Gezoes
01-24-07, 11:06 AM
Hey guys,

Quick question, somehow I've overlooked the update. Is it possible to install it after 1.4 b and GWX has been installed?

If this is possible I will ofcourse only attempt it when I am in port naturally.

melnibonian
01-24-07, 11:10 AM
The Dec update for GWX is meant to be installed over GWX. To install it you must
a) Have a CLEAN install of SH3
b) patch up installation with 1.4 patch
c) Install GWX and then for the Dec update:
1. Be at port
2. Rollback SH3Cmd (if you're using it)
3. Disable all mods you're using
4. Put the Dec-update in the C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS directory
5. Enable the update with JSGME
6. Add any other mod you like

you're ready to roam the high seas again;) :up:

bigboywooly
01-24-07, 11:11 AM
Yes you can install anytime - as long as you are in port
Rollback SH3 commander - if you use it
Extract the Dec 23rd mod into the MODS folder
Open JSGME
disable all mods
Enable to Dec 23rd patch and the reenable anything else you want

Gezoes
01-24-07, 11:19 AM
Open JSGME
disable all mods

Thanks guys, let's see here... I can do all that, no problem.

Except... I used GWX's own installer to install it. Not JSGME. So how do I 'disable' GWX...

After that I can and will install JSGME no problem, worked with it before. Just that bit about disabling all mods, so GWX as well before enabling the update with JSGME.

Or... can I put the GWX in the JSGME mod directory? Fooling it so to speak but being able perhaps to uninstall it using JSGME?

If you are still with me :D...

melnibonian
01-24-07, 11:20 AM
Open JSGME
disable all mods

Thanks guys, let's see here... I can do all that, no problem.

Except... I used GWX's own installer to install it. Not JSGME. So how do I 'disable' GWX...

After that I can and will install JSGME no problem, worked with it before. Just that bit about disabling all mods, so GWX as well before enabling the update with JSGME.

Or... can I put the GWX in the JSGME mod directory? Fooling it so to speak but being able perhaps to uninstall it using JSGME?

If you are still with me :D...
GWX comes with JSGME installed. Just put the Dec update on the C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS directory and enable it with JSGME. You can find the executable for JSGME on C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3

You don't need to touch GWX or JSGME at all. Just follow step by step the instructions on post 2 and you'll be fine. Obviously if you're still unsure about something let me know and we'll sort it out.;) :D :up:

DanCanovas
01-24-07, 11:21 AM
:D GWX's installer is JGSME.

Gezoes
01-24-07, 11:27 AM
Aaahh... LOL. Ok, silly me. For why would one like to disable GWX if the update is for GWX ;)

The Dec update for GWX is meant to be installed over GWX. To install it you must
a) Have a CLEAN install of SH3
b) patch up installation with 1.4 patch
c) Install GWX and then for the Dec update:
1. Be at port
2. Rollback SH3Cmd (if you're using it)
3. Disable all mods you're using
4. Put the Dec-update in the C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS directory
5. Enable the update with JSGME
6. Add any other mod you like

you're ready to roam the high seas again;) :up:
A,b,c is exactly my setup so that's cool. Ok, and once again, thanks so much for the help. Last minute checklist then.

1. I am.
2. Can do
3. Disable all other mods that is...? Can do. I don't have any other except for some skins, no biggie.
4. Can do.
5. Can do.
6. Add any other mod I like?

Yes, I know you said all mods, but I'm a bit scary to screw up my install so forgive my silly questions! ;)

bigboywooly
01-24-07, 11:30 AM
Any other GWX compatable mod
Especially the ones already in the mods folder

melnibonian
01-24-07, 11:31 AM
A,b,c is exactly my setup so that's cool. Ok, and once again, thanks so much for the help. Last minute checklist then.

1. I am.
2. Can do
3. Disable all other mods that is...? Can do. I don't have any other except for some skins, no biggie.
4. Can do.
5. Can do.
6. Add any other mod I like?
Have you enable any mods using JSGME in GWX? If you have you should go to C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3 and click on JSGME. Then you click on disable all mods. After that you enable the Dec update and after that any other mod you like.

Gezoes
01-24-07, 11:36 AM

1. I am.
2. Can do
4. Can do.
5. Can do.
6. Add any other mod I like? Have you enable any mods using JSGME in GWX? If you have you should go to C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3 and click on JSGME. Then you click on disable all mods. After that you enable the Dec update and after that any other mod you like.
Excellent, I found JSGME in the SH3 root directory. Only available mods are the ones that came with GWX, I haven't installed any. JSGME doesn't mention anything other, it's all white in that screen.

So it's just a question of rolling back SH3 Commander and enabling the update. I'm good with anything else. Easy.

Thanks so much! You guys have one hell of a community here :up: