PDA

View Full Version : For those who havent seen it yet...

JU_88
01-22-07, 10:14 AM
The 2004 (old) trailer for PT boats knights of the sea, which is out later this year finally

Watch the VIIC get 'pwned' at the end, pretty spectactular! :nope: :up: A far cry from the constipated Elcos of SH3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mOAhA_L5Q&mode=related&search=

melnibonian
01-22-07, 10:19 AM
:o :o Brilliant graphics but it broke my heart in the end :cry: :cry: :cry:

JU_88
01-22-07, 10:30 AM
yeah for us sh3 playeer that scene of destruction makes us cringe. :shifty:

mookiemookie
01-22-07, 10:37 AM
:cry:

(awesome looking game though!)

Myxale
01-22-07, 12:28 PM
:shifty:
Bad timing I'm on currently patrol with my VIIC!

But cool game!:hmm:

AVGWarhawk
01-22-07, 03:21 PM
Really cool. I like the sea spray effect off the PT. It is pretty good!

Boris
01-22-07, 04:21 PM
This game looks absolutely spectacular. Check out the wakes in this newer trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwwVSH9ZA5g&mode=related&search=

I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out, provided the reviews pan out. Together with SHIV it's shaping up to be a good year for us ocean goers. I'm not too bothered about shooting U-boats. Sure I'll be thinking... that used to be me, but It's going to be a refreshing change playing on the other side of the war.

EDIT: Oh my Fraking gods, I just realised they show men being gunned down on the decks!

hyperion2206
01-22-07, 05:11 PM
That looks awesome and to some extend a bit too realistic! I wonder if they censor it here in Germany ( OT:Germany and China were the only countries to censor Command and Conquer. Don't know Chinas reason but Germany did it because one unit was asuicide bomber).
Anyway: I'll have to get this game!!!:rock:

Boris
01-22-07, 05:43 PM
Well if they censor it here I'll just have to order it from elsewhere!

hyperion2206
01-22-07, 05:48 PM
Well if they censor it here I'll just have to order it from elsewhere!

Yep, that's the thing to do.:up:

JU_88
01-22-07, 05:48 PM
It does look nice,

It has dynamic missions, (but not a dynamic campaign.) :-?

Multiplayer allows several players to man different positions in the same boat :up:

You can see crew men on the deck of AI ships running around, manning postions, they can be shot, or fall overboard and will actually try to swim ashore :yep:
The game is Ludicrusly detailed!

Boris
01-22-07, 06:09 PM
I just read up on it as well. It seems it's not going to be the kind of ultra realism thing that SH3 is (has become?), but I can see it as a great way of letting off some steam, after a failed Silent Hunter patrol. If anything, it shows that a great deal of the things that SH3 is missing are more than possible to implement.
I doubt SHIV will offer any new features as cool as crew on board of ships, abandoning ship etc, but I expect this from SHV!!

GT182
01-22-07, 09:03 PM
Nice but... they need better grammar and spelling. ;) I was looking forward to PT-KOTS more than I was SH4. But after seeing that video I'm not too sure. Seemed a bit unrealistic to me. What Kaptain would stay surfaced sitting still(that's the way I saw it) and duke it out with a PTboat? Not me... and my crew wouldn't let me either. There'd be a mutiny and I'd be tossed overboard to duke it out alone. LOL

Besides, I don't believe PT boats went after subs with torpedos, tho DCs maybe. They preferably went for the bigger surface ships.

bandi
01-22-07, 10:11 PM
I Have been waiten on this since I had the
286xt version... Yes, Way back when... ;)

It's absolutely beautiful, I hope the sim
portion of it lives up to our dreams too....

http://www.grenier-du-mac.net/copiecran/n_r/ptboat1.gif

http://www.grenier-du-mac.net/copiecran/n_r/ptboat2.gif

Deep-Six
01-22-07, 10:35 PM
The Elcos and the PTs are one and the same. Just different variants.:yep: :yep: :)

hyperion2206
01-23-07, 07:23 AM
It does look nice,

It has dynamic missions, (but not a dynamic campaign.) :-?

Are you sure? I could have sworn that there was a dynamic campaign! Well, I guess I mixed it up or my memory tells me what I want to believe.;):shifty: