PDA

View Full Version : Crew Fatigue Help Please

Mowinz
01-21-07, 08:02 PM
I read the community manual and I noticed there is a way to turn off crew fatigue. I would like to disable the crew fatigue because it absorbs too much of my time. I read this link but I can't find the basic.cfg file. I already changed time compression so that worked great.

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Removing_Fatigue

Many thanks!

azn_132
01-21-07, 08:04 PM
I read the community manual and I noticed there is a way to turn off crew fatigue. I would like to disable the crew fatigue because it absorbs too much of my time. I read this link but I can't find the basic.cfg file. I already changed time compression so that worked great.

Many thanks!
There's an option in SH3 Commander that let u turned off the fatigue in Gameplay settings. Or download the no fatigue mod.

melnibonian
01-22-07, 01:58 AM
I would suggest you use SH3Cmd. There are a lot of fatigue options there so you can use whichever one you like the most.

STEED
01-22-07, 05:52 AM
The no fatigue mod did not work for me, your better off with Silent Hunter Commander and don't forget to use the roll back.

Jimbuna
01-22-07, 07:05 AM
ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM.........SH3CMDR.....EVERY TIME :yep:

von Zelda
01-22-07, 07:40 AM

I use the mod from this link and it works great.

Run a search for the Silent Hunter directory. In the search, highlight Silent Hunter directory, then right click and then left click on "open containing folder."

When the folder comes up, double click on Silent Hunter folder, double click on data folder, then double click on cfg folder. This is where you'll find the "basic" file.

Copy the "basic" file and save it somewhere safe in "my documents."

Make a new folder called GWX - No Fatigue and then within it create a data folder and within it create a cfg folder and then put another copy of the original "basic" file in this cfg folder. This is the file you will work on.

Double click this file to open it and scroll down until you find the fatigue coef information. Now manually make the changes that are shown on the mod from the above site. When complete click save.

Now, copy the GWX - No Fatigue folder which includes your modded data/cfg/basic and paste it into the Mod folder which is within the Silent Hunter directory you previously had opened.

Within the Silent Hunter folder you will find the Jones Mod Enabler. Double click on it and open it. You shold see your newly created No Fatigue Mod in the list of mods.

First of all, the Dec 23 patch should be move to the right-hand column first. Next move your newly created No Fatigue Mod over to the right-hand column. You're done!

All this assumes you're using GWX of course.

fredbass
01-22-07, 08:27 AM
Just use SH3 Commander, like most people around here. :know:

See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101815

readme file: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/SH3Cmdr%20Help.html

AVGWarhawk
01-22-07, 09:56 AM
I still use the standard fatigue offered with the game. It is ok and some micro-managing but the men grow stronger as patrols pass. It gets less and less micro- managing as you move on in patrols. I kind of like it in a way. Some say they get so good that you do not have to mess with them at all. Sometimes I do get pissed when I in the middle of an attack and all by dudes are red with exclamations!!!!!!! In some respects somewhat realisitic to me as there is the psycological factor as well. If someone was DC me and my boat, I think I would want to sleep through it. Wake me up when it is over:D

Mowinz
01-22-07, 10:54 AM

I use the mod from this link and it works great.

All this assumes you're using GWX of course.

Thanks Von. I'm still running stock SH3 and 1.4b patch. I read in a few weeks GWX gets an upgrade so I will wait and see.

SH commander looks good and seems like a popular add on. I will have to test drive it.

Thanks again!

von Zelda
01-22-07, 09:48 PM
Since you're using the stock game, locate the basic.cfg file in the path: silent hunter/data/cfg/basic.cfg

Copy the basic.cfg file somewhere safe for backup. Then, open the basic file and locate the fatigue coef information. Manually change the fatigue values as you see in the mod you list above. Save this file and you have No Fatigue. I would do this change while I'm in port before a new patrol.

I've played SH3 for about 2 years now. Started with the stock game and then added numerous mods. Can't tell you how many times I've uninstall and reinstalled the game. Then I moved up to the Grey Wolves edition and then added SH3 Commander. Just went to GWX when it came out and continued with SH3 Commander. Recently I've removed Commander because I'm trying to keep the programs that run in the background to a minimum. The main feature in Commander for me was the No Fatigue option. Since I can mod No Fatigue myself, I've removed Commander.

Try it out for yourself and see if you like it.

johnno74
01-22-07, 10:25 PM
I still use the standard fatigue offered with the game.

Yeah same. I don't think there is too much micromanaging to do, I usually form 2 identical squads for lookout, and engine room, and then swap them over when one "shift" needs a break. Control room etc I only rest as needed, they last heaps longer. When on long cruises to/from patrol areas I make sure officers get rested too.

I think having to manager your crews fatigue really adds to the overall immersion. As AVGWarhawk said, trying to juggle everyones fatigue when under attack, or ensuring everyone is well-rested before making your approach to a target IS realistic.

danurve
01-22-07, 11:07 PM
When I first started into SHIII the first pain was fatique. Thought about editing it out, and something stopped me. Still a pain but I just deal with it much like ice on a windsheild. The longer your submerged the more CO2 content, and this will hamper your efforts to rest your officers & crew. Once you learn to manage your boat in a whole the fatique will blend into the game.

JScones
01-23-07, 01:58 AM
Recently I've removed Commander because I'm trying to keep the programs that run in the background to a minimum. The main feature in Commander for me was the No Fatigue option. Since I can mod No Fatigue myself, I've removed Commander.
Ummm, just to clarify, the TSR that SH3Cmdr R2.7 loads is so small, it has absolutely NO impact on SH3. Guaranteed. Otherwise it would have been mentioned in the Help file, or indeed, it wouldn't have been implemented (I know exactly how resource hungry SH3 can get). ;)

And SH3Cmdr R2.6.1 and below DON'T run in the background when SH3 is running anyway, so removing them will make not a squat of difference.

The ideas people get. <perplexed look>

von Zelda
01-23-07, 07:31 AM
And SH3Cmdr R2.6.1 and below DON'T run in the background when SH3 is running anyway, so removing them will make not a squat of difference.

Is SH3 Commander 2.6.1 compatible with GWX? And if so, I know there are 4 files which need to be placed in SH3 Commander; is this also true of 2.6.1?

Thanks

JScones
01-23-07, 07:35 AM
Page 8 of the GWX manual explains all. ;)

However, I still can't understand why you don't want to run the *latest* release? I assure you that there are absolutely no performance problems in doing so. I know the developer well - he's a trustworthy guy. ;)

danlisa
01-23-07, 07:47 AM
...I know the developer well - he's a trustworthy guy. ;)
:o Really, he's so elusive and never offers any kind of support for his program. Also, the program itself is so versatile, however, there's never any decent documentation with it telling us exactly what to do.

<Shrugs> Oh well, we'll just have to muddle through.:lol::rotfl:

@JS - Yyddyng coweth, program a dhevýs. Mý a wayt hemma yú kemerys del dydhan dré ré ere

Jimbuna
01-23-07, 08:51 AM
...I know the developer well - he's a trustworthy guy. ;)
:o Really, he's so elusive and never offers any kind of support for his program. Also, the program itself is so versatile, however, there's never any decent documentation with it telling us exactly what to do.

<Shrugs> Oh well, we'll just have to muddle through.:lol::rotfl:

@JS - Yyddyng coweth, program a dhevýs. Mý a wayt hemma yú kemerys del dydhan dré ré ere

In the interests of state security I must advise you that the use of any foreign language (and that includes Cornish) is not allowed in order that secret and confidential information cannot be passed on to potential enemies of the Fatherland :arrgh!:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jusa_Finn
01-23-07, 09:18 AM

Is this welsh or gaelic or what?:o :hmm:

OK. Cornish?

melnibonian
01-23-07, 09:31 AM
I know the developer well - he's a trustworthy guy. ;)
The developer is really cool;) :yep: :D :up: The program is rock solid and adds a totally new experience to the game.

danlisa
01-23-07, 09:35 AM
Is this welsh or gaelic or what?:o :hmm:

OK. Cornish?

Cornish :yep: JS can understand it, so that's all that matters.;)

JScones
01-24-07, 05:01 AM
@JS - Yyddyng coweth, program a dhevýs.
Meur ras coweth.
Thanks mate.

Mý a wayt hemma yú kemerys del dydhan dré ré ere
Mý yú dyogel y fydh ef. ;)
I'm sure it will be. ;)

Tra onen mý yn whýr mestresyk omma yn Australia yma va ow keskewsel gans ré erel yn kembrek. Mý a suppos bolunjeth kernewek ewn a's teves dhe wül. :lol:
One thing I really miss here in Australia is conversing with others in Welsh. I suppose Cornish will just have to do. :lol:

(pls be gentle on any errors danlisa - it's been many years ;))

danlisa
01-24-07, 05:10 AM
Na gam wythresow orth oll. Brythen war.:up:

:rotfl:this will annoy people. :D

Abd_von_Mumit
01-24-07, 05:28 AM
Na gam wythresow orth oll. Brythen war.:up:

:rotfl:this will annoy people. :D
Nagam - a star (in Arabic)
wythresow - similar to Polish 'wytresowaæ' ('to teach an animal to do tricks')
orth - that's almost what teacher write as a side note on your class- or homework in every place you misspell a word ("ORT! You dumb, you didn't pass again!!")
oll - I suppose it's a misspelled 'lol'.
'Brythen war' - I cannot guess what that means by any means. ;)

:D

danlisa
01-24-07, 05:34 AM
:rotfl:

Translation = No errors at all. Spot on.:up:

Close but no cigar.:D

Leigh
02-15-07, 02:48 PM
Hi,
I haven't downloaded Silent Hunter Commander yet but what is rollback??

Thanks,
Leigh

Sailor Steve
02-15-07, 05:35 PM
Once you have SH3 Commander you will see a button at the bottom which says "Roll Back SH3 Commander". Pressing it returns the program to its pre-modded state, and allows the new mods to be installed properly.

danurve
02-16-07, 10:24 AM
Hi,
I haven't downloaded Silent Hunter Commander yet but what is rollback??

Thanks,
Leigh

I highly recomend SH3Commander, even if you don't use any extra mods at all. It has alot of jazz/options for gameplay. Plus you can do other cool stuff such as properly manage your crew, logs, etc.

Leigh
02-17-07, 05:16 AM
I'll download it today along with a couple of others so fingers crossed!
May stop the crew going on strike/falling asleep again! Until I get to know my way around anyway!

Thanks,
Leigh

Iron Budokan
02-17-07, 03:27 PM
SH3 Commander is the best. I hope the mods come up with a SH4 Commander, too.

Sailor Steve
02-17-07, 05:22 PM
SH3 Commander is the best. I hope the mods come up with a SH4 Commander, too.
JScones is hoping he won't have to. But he probably will.

Jimbuna
02-18-07, 07:13 AM
Let's all sincerely hope so :yep: ...I can't imagine SH4 without it...call it a form of addiction :lol: