PDA

View Full Version : Deck Gun..

High Voltage
01-21-07, 12:20 PM
June 8th 1940

Attacked an armed tugboat and a small merchant yesterday after chasing them through a wicked storm. The weather suddenly turned calm and when i saw how small my contacts were I quickly surfaced and blew off some steam by unleashing High Explosive shells on the both of them. My problem stems from the fact that once i made the initial decision to use the HE shells, i was then unable to switch to armour piercing ones, despite having a full complement of both. this has happened to me before and i know i must be overlooking something simple, so your help would be much appreciated..

I tried removing the gun crew from the deck and replacing them, double-clicking on the desired shells...nothing works.:damn:

Regards,
Kapitanleutnant Joachim Kreutz
U-48

The new-moon is black as ink.
Off Hatteras the tankers sink.
While sadly Roosevelt counts the score--
Some fifty thousand tons---by
MOHR

Morts
01-21-07, 12:23 PM
are you playing GWX? if so, there are only HE for the deck gun in (AFAIK)

High Voltage
01-21-07, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the explanation.
So i'm still a moron, just for a different reason. :oops:

High Voltage

azn_132
01-21-07, 12:46 PM
are you playing GWX? if so, there are only HE for the deck gun in (AFAIK)

Thx for the info I try to use AP in the deck gun too.

Brag
01-21-07, 12:57 PM
June 8th 1940

Attacked an armed tugboat and a small merchant yesterday after chasing them through a wicked storm. The weather suddenly turned calm and when i saw how small my contacts were I quickly surfaced and blew off some steam by unleashing High Explosive shells on the both of them. My problem stems from the fact that once i made the initial decision to use the HE shells, i was then unable to switch to armour piercing ones, despite having a full complement of both. this has happened to me before and i know i must be overlooking something simple, so your help would be much appreciated..

I tried removing the gun crew from the deck and replacing them, double-clicking on the desired shells...nothing works.:damn:

Regards,
U-48

MOHR

Congratahoochies, I've ran into that bloody tugboat. It killed two of my guys and caused 56 percent damage before I managed to submerge. Then it kept tossing DCs. Nasty tug :dead:

bigboywooly
01-21-07, 02:33 PM
If your using GWX you should only have the HE shell icon for the dck gun
Unless you have changed something :hmm:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7849/screenhunter309oz1.jpg

azn_132
01-21-07, 03:17 PM
If your using GWX you should only have the HE shell icon for the dck gun
Unless you have changed something :hmm:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7849/screenhunter309oz1.jpg
Nice deck gun kill BBW.

zocho
01-22-07, 04:55 AM
Talking about deck guns...

does anyone know the difference in damage between the 88mm and the 105?

Jimbuna
01-22-07, 05:27 AM
June 8th 1940

Regards,
U-48

MOHR

The one thing confusing me was when you stated that you had a 'full complement of both' :hmm:

Steppenwolf
01-22-07, 11:49 AM
Talking about deck guns...

does anyone know the difference in damage between the 88mm and the 105?

From the shells.zon file for GWX (EF is essentially damage):
MinEF for 88 is 8, for 105 is 9
MaxEF for 88 is 25, for 105 is 30
MinRadius for 88 is 1.25, for 105 is 1.75
MaxRadius for 88 is 3.5, for 105 is 3.5