codmander
01-21-07, 10:53 AM
must fixs for the next sim or mod
1. control room dives stern first:shifty:
2. creidit for ship damage
3.GIBRALTAR
4. Damaged ports
------------feel free to add

4 of the biggies some maybe can be fixed by mods because some people here really know game files but im sure some cant because they would be fixed allready

GT182
01-21-07, 11:10 AM
I don't think you'll ever see #2 work.... no renoun for damage. You gotta sink em for that. ;)

#4 damaged ports might be doable with a mod. We have sunken ships in port with GWX, so it is possible.

With the Jan 31st GWX update you'll see new stuff, so hang in there for now. ;) And no, I have no idea what the update contains.

codmander
01-21-07, 11:15 AM
cool gt sh3 isnt perfect but dang it sure is as good as it gets looks like we just go up from here which excits the heck outta me just hope my eyes hold out :o for a few more years

kurtz
01-21-07, 11:18 AM
With the Jan 31st GWX update you'll see new stuff, so hang in there for now. ;) And no, I have no idea what the update contains.

Will the Jan 31st update include the Dec update?, I've just got my computer back and don't want to be faffing with both.

bigboywooly
01-21-07, 12:11 PM
It seems the Jan 31st update will be a self installer and include all fixes released so far

3Jane
01-21-07, 12:19 PM
Would be nice to have both parts of the boat the right way round, as regards the internal and external views. Think I recall from a while ago, that was part of the hard-coded game though.

Sailor Steve
01-21-07, 03:52 PM
It's worse than you think. The control room only dives stern first if you are looking to the right (toward the planesmen). To the left (Nav and Weaps) it dives bow first. In other words no matter which way you face, right is down. Worse still, if you go to the back of the control room the right is still sort of backwards, but the food is hanging the right way! Go figure.:dead:

GT182
01-21-07, 05:15 PM
I've done a search but not found anything on this.... TDC Salvo changes. I remember someone asking about it not too long ago but can't find it. So, I figured this might be a good place to ask again seeing there is talk of the Jan 31st update..... and I don't mean to take away from the questions at hand here.

Has anyone changed the cfg to have 1 & 2, and 3 & 4 set as a salvo? I'm not too fond of 1 & 3and 2 & 4. And will just changing the cfg do any harm that you might know of? Yep, I is a bit chicken to try but will if no one has. ;)

CCIP
01-21-07, 05:30 PM
What's wrong with Gibraltar? :hmm:

Steppenwolf
01-21-07, 05:30 PM
I've done a search but not found anything on this.... TDC Salvo changes. I remember someone asking about it not too long ago but can't find it. So, I figured this might be a good place to ask again seeing there is talk of the Jan 31st update..... and I don't mean to take away from the questions at hand here.

Has anyone changed the cfg to have 1 & 2, and 3 & 4 set as a salvo? I'm not too fond of 1 & 3and 2 & 4. And will just changing the cfg do any harm that you might know of? Yep, I is a bit chicken to try but will if no one has. ;)

I have not tried it myself, but Ducimus has made that change in his GWX Flavored to taste mod version 5. See the readme in the first post of this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=103913

In it he mentions where he made the change, but don't know if that's the only file he had to change to accomplish it (big help, I know).

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-21-07, 05:46 PM
I don't think you'll ever see #2 work.... no renoun for damage. You gotta sink em for that. ;)

#4 damaged ports might be doable with a mod. We have sunken ships in port with GWX, so it is possible.

I'd be happy if the logs just recorded damaged ships/planes, with no renown rewarded. Like this:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/Albrecht_von_Hesse/CopyofSH3Img2-1-2007_21.jpg

And if SHIII's logs couldn't be modded for that, perhaps SH3Commander could track damaged ships?

codmander
01-21-07, 05:51 PM
What's wrong with Gibraltar? :hmm:

should be intregrated into a carreer --ordered to the med--some 60 boats where ordered into hells gate so far just single player

melnibonian
01-21-07, 05:54 PM
I'd be happy if the logs just recorded damaged ships/planes, with no renown rewarded. Like this:

And if SHIII's logs couldn't be modded for that, perhaps SH3Commander could track damaged ships?
That's a very good idea:up:

GT182
01-21-07, 06:31 PM
Thanks Steppenwolf, that's where I'd seen it. I see he did both 1&2 and 3&4. I'm off to give it a go in my config. Thanks. :up:

GT182
01-21-07, 08:03 PM
I got it to work. Salvo is now showing 1/2 and 3/4. The only thing that's not is Ducimus' NYGM TW2.2's Periscope TDC standalone for GWX. I've ask him as a favor if he could do the same changes in that mod for us.

This is what I've done
For the IXB, IXB4, IXC, IXD2 subs I changed the cfg for Salvo to now show I, II and III, IV instead of stock.

Also I have changed lines 1174 and 1176 in the de and en_menu .txt to change the salvo for lines 1174 and 1176 to now show I, II and III, IV respectively. The changes work fine as I have seen it show in Single Mission. Not knowing if a CTD would happen I didn't try firing seeing the above mod was installed.

GT182
01-22-07, 08:26 PM
You can use Ducimus' TW_PeriTDC_for _GWX as is. But you must change your sub, and subs you plan on using in the future, de and en_menu.txt files to the same as his to use his mod. Your TDC Salvo, using the left side slide out, and his dropdown TDC Salvo dropdown for the periscope must match.

His changes in his mod are:
[Salvo]
1=1,2,3,4
2=1,2,3
3=2,3,4
4=2,4
5=1,3
6=3,4
7=1,2
8=5,6

It seems I missed the order his are in, mine is slightly different. Either way will work ok. ;)

Sorry for the confusion. :oops: We've been running around in circles the last 3 days waiting for an addition to the family, the 12th grandchild. Today at 2:10 EST 8lb 11oz Logan Shores made his loud appearance into the world. We are in for it now, what a set of lungs this kid has. :yep: LOL

Steppenwolf
01-23-07, 09:47 AM
Sorry for the confusion. :oops: We've been running around in circles the last 3 days waiting for an addition to the family, the 12th grandchild. Today at 2:10 EST 8lb 11oz Logan Shores made his loud appearance into the world. We are in for it now, what a set of lungs this kid has. :yep: LOL

Congratulations!