PDA

View Full Version : Question about Multiple installs

MDykas
01-20-07, 01:41 PM
Hi Guy's....I've just recently returned to this game and I'm back in the learning curve.
I've done a clean install and took care of all patches and mods that I wanted. I installed this on my G: Drive which is a Small WD raptor. Anyhow, I'd like to know if I can do another install and do it up to the latest and greatest Gray Wolves. I know that if I put the DVD in and try another install, it only allows me to repair or modify my current install. What's the best way to do this and is it possible. When I first purchased the game when it first came out and all the forums fired up I remember that there was a way to get into your deck gun and change reload times and ammo, but I can't seem to find that mod around anymore. I think it had something to do in the Cfg file if I remember correctly. If any of you old timers (long time gamers) can bump my brain on this I would appreciate it very much. I used to have good times with my Deck gun and kinda hope in my fun install to get it back again.

Thanks,
Mike

bigboywooly
01-20-07, 01:50 PM
Rename your current install to something else
example C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SHIIIModded

Then insert the DVD - choose install then repair
You will then get a brand new install ready to be patched

Corsair
01-20-07, 03:49 PM
Alternatively if you have a clean 1.4b install ready (which you can create by removing all mods you installed with JSGME) , create a new folder (like SH3GWX for instance), copy the whole content of SH3 folder inside. Get a little program called MultiSH3 - available for download at UBRS - , put it in the new folder. When you run it, you create a new folder in "My Documents" (I named mine GWX), apply GWX to the new install, enable optional mods with JSGME and off you go.
No need for reinstall from DVD.

melnibonian
01-20-07, 04:58 PM
If you need the multySh3 you can get it from the link in my signature.