PDA

View Full Version : GWX tweaks

Seth8530
01-18-07, 10:33 PM
Helo, my performance in gwx is past silky and i would like to know if thier are .con tweaks that improve graphics and the such, i have all the sub mods enabled( No pun intended) except lite trafic. im looking for tweaks that improve graphics and is more demanding. i have all in game settings maxed.

BTW i have every extra filtering imaginable enabled thru nvidia control pannel.

Falcon666
01-18-07, 11:02 PM
Quit being a graphics whore. Sure, your 8800 GTs in SLI are over kill, but get used to it! Want prettier graphics, go play some mindless FPS.

Sorry... I just hate graphics whores... I blame them for the lack of attention to gameplay in PC game developing in the past years. And they make me have to buy a new PC every two years and a new GPU every year in between. I mean, I liked my Diamond Viper with its 32MB.:damn:

bookworm_020
01-18-07, 11:06 PM
Shoot him please!!!:stare: I'm forced to survive on an old FX5200 card as there are no other low profile AGP cards around, and the only othe slot types in my computer are PCI!!!!:cry:

Gizzmoe
01-18-07, 11:27 PM
Shoot him please!!!:stare: I'm forced to survive on an old FX5200 card as there are no other low profile AGP cards around, and the only othe slot types in my computer are PCI!!!!:cry:

Get a new mainboard and, if necessary, also a new computer case, that way you can squeeze a few more years out of your computer.

Jimbuna
01-19-07, 05:22 AM
Just play and enjoy the experience....there is enough eye candy in the game to satisfy just about everyone :yep:

Kruger
01-19-07, 07:28 AM
He who wants only graphics, should find another game to play. Sh3 is a great game. The modders have given it the second youth, and have worked very hard. But it is not the game to play if you do not have this passion. It's more than a game, it's history. Don't read Schopenhauer just because it's fancy to boast about it even though you do not understand a word. Don;t play sh3 if it does not touch you.

I hear Doom3 has great graphics...and ****ty story. Might be a great game for Schopenhauer "readers".

Seth8530, I really do not want you to think that I want to attack you in any way, I really do not want to. I just thought that this thread would be a good place to post my thoughts.

I am sorry if I offended anyone,

Kruger

Seth8530
01-19-07, 03:49 PM
Not at all offended. And i choose gameplay over graphics anyday. and it's a 7900gtx not 2 8800gts's (but that is a thought LOL) and i LOVE this game. just looking for tweaks.

kurtz
01-21-07, 12:39 PM
We had a saying in the north of England, "You don't look at the mantlepiece while your stoking the fire". It was generally applied to ladies who made up for with enthusiam what they lacked in looks. I suppose the same same could be said for the graphics/gameplay debate.

ps Somebody usually replied to the statement above with, "yes, but it's nice to have it tidy".

Apologies for sexism if you see it in this post...praying Mrs. Kurtz doesn't see it:dead: