PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Officers & Sailors

_Seth_
01-18-07, 04:41 AM
When i am in the Barracks screen, i have the possibility to choose whatever Officer & sailor i want no matter what they cost in renown, even if i have spent all my renown on radars and sonar coatings.. All i get is negative renown... Is this a stock bug, or is it ment to be this way...?
Edit: the game is loaded via the commander, but i cant believe this has anything to do woth it...
Using GWX, off course.

Mooncatt
01-18-07, 04:47 AM
well i dont run GWX atm i have vanilla and of course im sure your aware that in vanilla if ya aint got the renown ya cant have it :D i reckon its a bug in your case im probably wrong of course!!

FIREWALL
01-18-07, 05:08 AM
When i am in the Barracks screen, i have the possibility to choose whatever Officer & sailor i want no matter what they cost in renown, even if i have spent all my renown on radars and sonar coatings.. All i get is negative renown... Is this a stock bug, or is it ment to be this way...?
Edit: the game is loaded via the commander, but i cant believe this has anything to do woth it...
Using GWX, off course.

I must be getting tired been on computer since 8am 1-17-07

I thought your title said " Hitting Officers and Sailors" :rotfl:

Me thinks I better catch a few zzzzzzz

firewall over and out

Mooncatt
01-18-07, 05:10 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i just got in trouble coz of that. my boss was wondering what i was laughing at and caught me on the net :damn:

_Seth_
01-18-07, 05:14 AM
You guys...:rotfl::rotfl:Firewall, get off watch duty and hit the bunk. Its still warm after Bernard slept there..:D
mooncatt: dont get fired..:rotfl:

Jimbuna
01-18-07, 06:54 AM
Never noticed this before Seth :nope: ...My understanding is that you can only enlist crew that cost zero renown if your renown balance stands at zero :hmm:

_Seth_
01-18-07, 07:05 AM
Thats the weird thing..Even if the officers costs 500 renown, and i have 0, i can still "buy" them, and all i get is -500 negative renown...

melnibonian
01-18-07, 07:10 AM
Thats the weird thing..Even if the officers costs 500 renown, and i have 0, i can still "buy" them, and all i get is -500 negative renown...
So you get them with 'future profits';) :D :D :rotfl:

I had no idea the game was so capitalistic:p :p :D

_Seth_
01-18-07, 07:36 AM
Thats the weird thing..Even if the officers costs 500 renown, and i have 0, i can still "buy" them, and all i get is -500 negative renown... So you get them with 'future profits';) :D :D :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:Yeah, looks like that, mate! "You can get zhe officer now, but you have to pay when you come back from zhe patrol, herr Kaleun!":rotfl:

Torplexed
01-18-07, 07:38 AM
Hmmm. So if I go into heavy renown debt to get me an elite crew and I come back empty-handed from a patrol will there be two rather intimidating guys named Guido and Vinnie waiting on the pier to break my thumbs? "The boss wants what's coming to him kaluen. Tonight you really sleep with the fishes..":o

melnibonian
01-18-07, 07:39 AM
Thats the weird thing..Even if the officers costs 500 renown, and i have 0, i can still "buy" them, and all i get is -500 negative renown... So you get them with 'future profits';) :D :D :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:Yeah, looks like that, mate! "You can get zhe officer now, but you have to pay when you come back from zhe patrol, herr Kaleun!":rotfl:
Do they charge you interest as well :rotfl: :rotfl:

_Seth_
01-18-07, 08:14 AM
Do they charge you interest as well :rotfl: :rotfl: I surely hope not.... :rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
01-18-07, 09:01 AM
Sure there is negative renown. Just slap an 'IOU' on Doenitz desk and your good to go!
It is like buying a new car and you get a payment coupon book. Same idea;) Get some pin stripping while your at it.

irish1958
01-18-07, 09:33 AM
Hay Seth, Go sink a couple of hospital ships while you are at it

_Seth_
01-18-07, 10:01 AM
Hay Seth, Go sink a couple of hospital ships while you are at it:rotfl:I dont fire at those wounded soldiers, mate. They are in enough pain as it is! :yep:

Jimbuna
01-18-07, 10:53 AM
So if you get KIA it aint all that bad...WTF the Fatherland can pick up yer tab :arrgh!:

mr chris
01-18-07, 11:09 AM
Seth i had the same thing happen to me on my career in GW1.1a. Never thought much about it at the time. Thought it must have been me that buggered up my install.:hmm:

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-18-07, 11:13 AM
Hmmm. So if I go into heavy renown debt to get me an elite crew and I come back empty-handed from a patrol will there be two rather intimidating guys named Guido and Vinnie waiting on the pier to break my thumbs? "The boss wants what's coming to him kaluen. Tonight you really sleep with the fishes..":o

Better with the fishes than with Bernard. :o

Jimbuna
01-18-07, 12:31 PM
So I don't need my visa then ? :lol:

_Seth_
01-18-07, 01:38 PM
I almost used PayPal to ship some money to UBI for those officers:lol:... then i realized: Is renown the same as dollars, pounds or euro...? Maybe the old Deutsche Mark?