PDA

View Full Version : Morgen Kaleuns.....

Slick Rick
01-16-07, 09:09 AM
I was wondering...with all the mods that have been done...why hasnt anyone done one for a flag on the Uboat.....the mast is there on the wintergarten....but no flag.....I am assuming that this must not be possible as just about everything else has been modded......just wondering......

LeafsFan
01-16-07, 09:11 AM
IIRC,

If you added a flag it would be there all the time, i.e. in bad weather, under water etc.

HB

Slick Rick
01-16-07, 09:14 AM
I dont think that would be such a big issue for me as I dont look at the boat underwater all that much......sometimes...but not that much....and with the GWX....it is hard to see it under water anyway......

Mooncatt
01-16-07, 09:23 AM
not fussed bout a flag tbh bernard would only try and eat it anyway:D

bigboywooly
01-16-07, 10:54 AM
Anvart did do some work on the flag
And it wasnt visible underwater

He stopped though
Not sure if he intends to carry on

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=97805&highlight=flag+turm

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9286/skst8.jpg

Slick Rick
01-16-07, 11:10 AM
Interesting......I assume that this is a major undertaking then.....I was only thinking of flying the flag from the mast at the back of the wintergarten...not from a separate staff as in the pics....this flag looks to big to me.....the pennant idea was cool also....I bet in time someone will figure it out......we can always hope right?? ....:up:

Boris
01-16-07, 11:15 AM
Was the flag always flown on patrol anyway? I can't imagine seeing it flying during an attack... and then submerging with it... and I don't think they would have wanted to bother with taking it down before diving.

Abd_von_Mumit
01-16-07, 11:31 AM
I'd rather suppose the flag was only used on "parade ocasions", like sailing out or in the port, in undoubtedly friendly areas etc. I can't imagine any profit from using it in a combat environment.

The Munster
01-16-07, 12:57 PM
Some-one was working on Tonnage Pennant(s) but they would have to be there all the time whereas in R/L, the pennants were hung and displayed as the Sub entered Harbour and Docking.

Brag
01-16-07, 01:36 PM
Flag was flown only when leaving and entering port or if wanting to identify oneself as friendly (rare occasion, haha).

Slick Rick
01-16-07, 02:00 PM
I suppose they could put it on the subs we pass leaving and entering the base then.....in any case.....I was only wondering why someone had not done it before........that is all...