PDA

View Full Version : New Player Having Some Questions

ICApproval
01-15-07, 10:12 PM
Thank you for reading this post. I am new to this game and forum

I purchased SH3 for Christmas and have thoroughly enjoyed the game. I am new at the sub sim and have one question. I added the GWX ok and it works (very long time to load a saved game).

My question: I get to a point in the game where I can't get the torpedo tubes reloaded. I put a full and fresh crew in the compartment but no torpedoes get loaded after 4-5 are shot. I have a destroyer on my butt and can't shake him so I would like to go up and pop his butt. But no reloads and nothing to shoot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

stabiz
01-15-07, 10:14 PM
Are you running silent? If so, no torpedoes or repairs are done when running silent.

Welcome to SubSim!

cobalt
01-15-07, 10:32 PM
haha, i had the same problem when i first started ^^

demowhc
01-15-07, 11:32 PM
and if its not the silent running you may be trying to load the torpedos located externaly while ur underwater

Steppenwolf
01-16-07, 01:06 AM
Apart from the two possibilities already mentioned, the only other things I can think of are:

1. If you are not underwater, are you trying to load an external torpedo directly to the torpedo tube? It has to be moved to an internal reload slot first.

2. On the "Weapons Management screen", did you accidentally click on the icon to change from "automatic reloads" to "manual reloads" (where you have to drag the torpedo icon from an internal reload slot to the torpedo tube yourself to get it to load)?

Venatore
01-16-07, 04:16 AM
Thank you for reading this post. I am new to this game and forum

I purchased SH3 for Christmas and have thoroughly enjoyed the game. I am new at the sub sim and have one question. I added the GWX ok and it works (very long time to load a saved game).

My question: I get to a point in the game where I can't get the torpedo tubes reloaded. I put a full and fresh crew in the compartment but no torpedoes get loaded after 4-5 are shot. I have a destroyer on my butt and can't shake him so I would like to go up and pop his butt. But no reloads and nothing to shoot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/Venatore/Alternate/Nightclub.jpg

Maybe he should come to the Officers Mess for a few drinks :()1: & we can give him the information he needs:know:. If BDU keeps sending these young captains with little to no experience:88), we may loose this damn war; if U-boat crews can't even re-load fishes into the tubes :dead:. I heard Bernard was on that U-boat....poor bloody captain doesn't know yet.

_Seth_
01-16-07, 04:29 AM
Welcome, mate! :up:
In my early days of SHIII, i had the same problems... After a lot of trial and error, i found out how to do things around my sub.
Listen to your fellow shipmates in here, they can help you with almost everything. The people here at subsim are the most helpfull kind i have ever seen on the net. Consider yourself a fortunate man to be here!:up:

Mooncatt
01-16-07, 04:32 AM
just wanna say welcome to the worlds best forum. listen to these guys they know what theyre on about. and i think your question has been answered now m8

ICApproval
01-16-07, 05:40 AM
Thanks folks, you gave me my answer - I was running silent. Stupid me it shows that right on the screen. Also explains why I can't repair after the depth charges hit.

One other item if I may.

This pesky destroyer picks me up and I can't shake him no matter what I do. Dive deep, all stop, running silent, tried everything. Again, my inexperience.

I do appreciate the quick feedback and I look forward to participating in this forum. Several years ago I got into the sim B-17 II and joined a similar forum. It was fun and very helpful, espically aiming on the bombing run. I belive I have found a great group to help me get promoted.

Mark

melnibonian
01-16-07, 05:49 AM
Welcome to SubSim:up:

Enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions fire away. Everyone will do their best to help you in any way they can

Mooncatt
01-16-07, 05:52 AM
yeah shaking off DDs can be tricky, try and keep as deep as poss and keep your profile to a minimum i.e dont let him catch your u-boat sideways on. also reduce your speed to 1-2 knts and once hes past you use short bursts of speed and change direction. depending on what year your in you can use sonar decoys called BOLD very useful for this situation

crpcarrot
01-16-07, 07:17 AM
although i had the game for while couldnt really play due to a low rig. now i've upgraded i am back playing.

when evading destoryers how long after the depth charges have exploded can you rely on them not detecting yu runnign away at full throttle?

Mooncatt
01-16-07, 07:29 AM
tough question m8, it depends on the DD tbh as soon as i hear the depth charges drop into the water i go flank ahead and turn like 90 degress away from whichever the direction DD is heading, by the time the DC gets to your depth your out of harms way i run flank until i hear DC stop exploding

melnibonian
01-16-07, 09:39 AM
I would suggest not to run at full speed while the DDs are around no matter what. Let them search for you while you creep away in silent running. Now if you do need to go ahead flank make sure you release the bold decoy first (later in the war) and position yourself in the DD's rear so it will be more difficult for him to hear you (difficult not impossible so be careful;) )

fredbass
01-16-07, 09:45 AM
Make sure to have the Dec23 patch enabled. It will automatically lower your ahead slow speed to 2k amongst other things. :up: