PDA

View Full Version : 1st. SHIII carrer - sunk

danurve
01-15-07, 01:58 PM
I got greedy.
On the 9th. patrol in a VIIB out of fish and in good weather headed back to base. Don't I spot a C2 and decide to track it down and sink it with the deck gun. Well, I did - plus a patrol boat to. Destroyer decides to join in, I figgured ehh - I'll finish the job and bug out. I was in 30 meter shallows by the time it was done.
I tried a few tactics including using the sunk cargo as a lure, no joy. Then a 2nd destroyer joins up.
Just when I was getting up on medals, promotions & jazz.
Well, I got out almost 1000 meters once .. :up:

AVGWarhawk
01-15-07, 02:00 PM
Are you using GWX mod by chance? Oh yeah look at my sig below. This explains a lot;)

ReallyDedPoet
01-15-07, 02:32 PM
I try to avoid shallow waters at all costs. Tough loss, better luck next time.

danurve
01-15-07, 07:39 PM
Nope not using GWX.
Just the patched game with T2RangeMod, and some extra gamaphone jazz.

Mooncatt
01-16-07, 08:56 AM
unfortunate m8. shallow water sux :nope:

LeafsFan
01-16-07, 09:05 AM
Sorry to hear it.

HB

Iron Budokan
01-16-07, 11:48 AM
Yep, shallow water blows. I was coming home from a mid-Atlantic patrol once and caught caught by an English DD in the shallows of the Bay of Biscay at night. Like he was just waiting to catch a uboat coming home. He did, he caught me.

I went under as deep as I could and was pounded into fragments by his depth charges. Compartments flooded, clones died, others had red exclamation marks over their heads. I was so frustrated at the bad luck. There was nothing I could do but take the pounding and watch the seconds tick away towards my ultimate demise. Which happened rather sooner than later.

Then I was staring at that horrible death screen, my blood boiling....and as I play DiD I then took a deep breath and started up a new career. Scratch one Kaleun, enter another.

Mooncatt
01-16-07, 11:50 AM
so you didnt die coz of deep water then just coz of all the hands died

Abd_von_Mumit
01-16-07, 11:52 AM
Then I was staring at that horrible death screen, my blood boiling....and as I play DiD I then took a deep breath and started up a new career. Scratch one Kaleun, enter another.
What does DiD mean?

Sailor Steve
01-16-07, 11:53 AM
Dead Is Dead. You don't reload a previous save when you die; you just accept it and start a new career.

Jimbuna
01-16-07, 12:05 PM
Better luck next time kaleun :up:

Abd_von_Mumit
01-16-07, 12:05 PM
Oh, I see. Thanks. I should then add "DiD" to my signature. :)