PDA

View Full Version : Transferring career

CaptainNemo12
01-13-07, 06:31 PM
Hi,

How do I transfer my saved career (including all the same games, renowns, etc) to a new installation of SH3? Will I need to reinstall SH3 Commander?

melnibonian
01-13-07, 07:57 PM
Nope. the only thing you need to do is to copy and paste the Careers folder into the new SH3 folder. The tree should be C\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers.

SH3Cmd will pick the saved career from the C\My Document\SH3 folders without any problems.

JScones
01-13-07, 08:12 PM
Unless you use MultiSH3 to change the savegame folder for each SH3 installation, you don't need to do anything. All installations of SH3 (and SH3Cmdr for that matter) will by default point to the same place, viz "\My Documents\SH3\...".

Just remember though that continuing careers that were last saved with other variations of SH3 may be unplayable with your latest variation.

melnibonian
01-13-07, 08:34 PM
Just remember though that continuing careers that were last saved with other variations of SH3 may be unplayable with your latest variation.
Yep Jaesen is correct here. If your saved career is in a flotilla, boat or year who's details have been altered in GWX then you will have problems. I would suggest you check the manual for that and see if you can use your save game.

andy_311
01-13-07, 08:52 PM
If it's the same version on both pc's slam it on a floppy or zipp drive and then put in your my documents sh3 folder (do a back up just in case) and you will be fine it will overwright the files but I had no problems so far and I do it quite often,