PDA

View Full Version : GWX and Skins for Capital Ships

melnibonian
01-13-07, 06:50 AM
Hello

I was wondering if the models of the capital ships have changed in GWX. I have the Home Fleet Mod that adds grey skins to the Illustrious and Bogue CVs, the Dido and Fidji Cruisers and the KGV, Rodney and Revenge BBs. My question is: Is there a different model in GWX for these ships that it was in GW 1.1a? In GW I did used this mod without any problems, but if there are different ways of packing the skins in the ships like they are for the subs, can someone tell me how to do it so I can use them?

Thank you very much in advance

Mel

hyperion2206
01-13-07, 07:23 AM
From what I've seen the capital ships have different skins. Some have kind of "greenish waves" some of them some sort of "blueish waves". I can't remember that they are just all grey. I hope that I find some pics, to prove I'm right ;). Hope that helps.

EDIT: The Hood seems to be all grey, whilst the Nelson BBs, the Southhampton class, the Dido class and the destroyers seem to have different skins. I can post some pics if you want.

Boris
01-13-07, 07:56 AM
Using the home fleet mod you're missing out on a lot of historical skins. The British ships underwent a number of camouflage changes throughout the war. We're currently working on a way for it to appear chronologically.

melnibonian
01-13-07, 09:59 AM
OK people thanks for that. I really appreciate all the answers:up: :up:

Jimbuna
01-13-07, 12:30 PM
IMHO Mel the historical skins are better :yep:

melnibonian
01-13-07, 08:05 PM
IMHO Mel the historical skins are better :yep:
I agree with you Jim. It's the bloody Illustrious that gets me. I know it is the historical skin but I think it looks gorgeous in just grey. In any case I haven't used the mod. I'll stick with the historical skins.....Happy Now?;) :D :D :rotfl: :rotfl:

Boris
01-13-07, 08:46 PM
The illustrious is multi-skinned, theres a grey one in there as well.

melnibonian
01-13-07, 08:54 PM
OK I give up guys. Boris and Jim you have all the correct answers. I'll deleter the HF mod and stick with GWX skins:p :D :D :D :up:

Jimbuna
01-14-07, 07:58 AM
OK I give up guys. Boris and Jim you have all the correct answers. I'll deleter the HF mod and stick with GWX skins:p :D :D :D :up:

Good lad...you know it makes sense :yep: :arrgh!: :rotfl: