PDA

View Full Version : GWX(?) - Start patrol from u-boot bunker?

Von Hinten
01-12-07, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is an GWX feature but I've just noticed it since I'm using that great mod, hence the title.

However, what I was wondering is this.

I seem to recall starting from the u-boot bunkers quite a lot and in various Flotilla's and it had some nice and safe 'home' feeling about it. Now after I clean installed SHII with GWX and since I've started my new career, first at Kiel (7th/13th) then moved on to the 2nd Flotilla at Wilhelmshaven and Loriënt, I haven't once began a patrol from inside one of those bunkers, while I think all harbors have them.

Is this happening since I installed GWX? I mean, is this a feature? And if so, is there a way to ... erhm ... well, fix it maybe? It's not that I'm having problems at all, it's just that I miss starting from my bunkers a bit.

melnibonian
01-12-07, 03:45 PM
I think you've just been unlucky. The patrol bunkers do exist if I remember correctly.

Sailor Steve
01-12-07, 03:55 PM
GW changed it so you start at dockside from Kiel, since the bunkers weren't built until later in the war. Wilhelmshaven doesn't have any, at least not in the game.

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 04:11 PM
Yes in the Jan update you will start in a bunker in Lorient and Brest

Von Hinten
01-12-07, 04:22 PM
Yes in the Jan update you will start in a bunker in Lorient and Brest
The Jan update ... hmm, I clearly missed something since the Dec 23rd update I reckon. Okidoki, back in search mode it is then. Thanks for clearing this up guys.

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 04:23 PM
Jan 31st update
Give a day or two
Back out of search mode :rotfl:

Von Hinten
01-12-07, 06:05 PM
Jan 31st update
Give a day or two
I must be getting old really really fast lately. So basically what you're telling is that I missed this update even before it came out? That's a new one ... :huh:

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 09:04 PM
Pretty much it yes
:rotfl:

robj250
01-13-07, 03:33 PM
Jan 31st update
Give a day or two
I must be getting old really really fast lately. So basically what you're telling is that I missed this update even before it came out? That's a new one ... :huh:

You mean there is an additional update to GWX. I have the Dec update. Is there a Jan update, and where do I get it.

Rob

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 03:44 PM
Jan 31st update
Give a day or two

You mean there is an additional update to GWX. I have the Dec update. Is there a Jan update, and where do I get it.

Rob

LOL
Look about 4 posts up Rob

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=385280&postcount=6

Will be released around 31st Jan give or take

robj250
01-13-07, 03:57 PM
Jan 31st update
Give a day or two

Rob

LOL
Look about 4 posts up Rob

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=385280&postcount=6

Will be released around 31st Jan give or take

Thanks BBW.

Stupid me :damn: :damn: :damn:
Rob

GT182
01-13-07, 04:08 PM
And thanks guys for getting the patrol start from a bunker. :up:

One question. LOL Do we have to back out or just put it in drive and go? ;)

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 04:12 PM
Drive out Im afraid
Can do you a personnal one if you want to back out of everywhere lol
Actually I think I made Feodosia a reverse job - if you ever dock there in the Black Sea

GT182
01-13-07, 07:11 PM
LOL... drive out is fine by me. Thanks BBW. :up:

robj250
01-13-07, 07:21 PM
I just love it when we start from a bunker. I think it's neat.

Rob

melnibonian
01-13-07, 07:44 PM
Yep bunkers are really cool:yep: :yep: