PDA

View Full Version : GWX Map colour coded ship icons?

Gavilan
01-12-07, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

I've been away from SHIII for a while but the GWX mod has lured me back. I'm struggling a little at the moment with the ship identification and the Grey Ship Icons aren't helping. I'm not one of the 100%ers so realism isn't as important to me as having fun. Is there any way to get the Ship Icons on the map back to the normal colour coded ones that came with the stock game?

Thanks,

Gav.

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 11:11 AM
Try adding this

http://files.filefront.com/Coloured_contacts7z/;6519171;;/fileinfo.html

Through JSGME

Gavilan
01-12-07, 11:21 AM
Thanks, I'll give this a try when I get home. :)

FIREWALL
01-12-07, 12:06 PM
Try adding this

Through JSGME

Hi BBW :D I won't be so dumb as to ask if it's GWX compatible.:damn:

I only have one question. Have those buggers "cloned" you? Don't
you ever sleep? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Corsair
01-12-07, 12:14 PM
Hi all,

I've been away from SHIII for a while but the GWX mod has lured me back. I'm struggling a little at the moment with the ship identification and the Grey Ship Icons aren't helping. I'm not one of the 100%ers so realism isn't as important to me as having fun. Is there any way to get the Ship Icons on the map back to the normal colour coded ones that came with the stock game?

Thanks,

Gav.

If you're not bothered by realism, why not simply use the boat camera to identify the ship ? This is fast...

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 12:19 PM
Try adding this

Through JSGME

Hi BBW :D I won't be so dumb as to ask if it's GWX compatible.:damn:

I only have one question. Have those buggers "cloned" you? Don't
you ever sleep? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wish they had cloned me
:rotfl:
I sleep
Sometimes:nope:

Steppenwolf
01-12-07, 02:40 PM
The Coloured Contacts mod listed above, will give you back colored contacts at the "zoomed out" levels (where ships/planes show as triangles, squares etc.), but not at the "zoomed in" levels (where they show up as ship-shaped or plane-shaped objects). It will also give you back the orange marker showing you where your sub is underwater in the External Camera view. Made the exact same mod for my own use bigboywooly, great minds think alike. :)

However there is also a slightly more extensive version of this, by Pokara, that will also give you the colors back at the "zoomed-in" (ship-shaped) levels (Something I was too lazy to do, as you have to change a file for every single ship type in the game) and also restore the grey(for merchants) and red(for warships) sonar lines. It, however, does not give you back the orange marker in the External Camera view (Putting back the ...\data\misc\UMark.tga file from your orignal SH3 install will fix that). You can find it at:
http://files.filefront.com/GWX_Contact_Color7z/;6423332;;/fileinfo.html

Both mods only change .tga files and cannot adversely affect your SH3 game.
And Yes FIREWALL, both of the above mods are GWX compatible (Pokara included the "zoomed in ship-shaped" files for all the new ships, except he overlooked the Armed tug, two Junks and the two Naval Barges, which simply means that they will still show up in gray. If you're a real stickler for detail, even those five are easily fixed, let me know if anyone needs to know how).

Gavilan
01-15-07, 07:03 AM
Both mods only change .tga files and cannot adversely affect your SH3 game.
And Yes FIREWALL, both of the above mods are GWX compatible (Pokara included the "zoomed in ship-shaped" files for all the new ships, except he overlooked the Armed tug, two Junks and the two Naval Barges, which simply means that they will still show up in gray. If you're a real stickler for detail, even those five are easily fixed, let me know if anyone needs to know how).

Hi, I'd like to know how to do this please?

Heffalump
01-15-07, 01:33 PM
However there is also a slightly more extensive version of this, by Pokara, that will also give you the colors back at the "zoomed-in" (ship-shaped) levels (Something I was too lazy to do, as you have to change a file for every single ship type in the game) and also restore the grey(for merchants) and red(for warships) sonar lines.

Ok, just make things more difficult ... :) is there a way to get back JUST the red sonar lines for warships. I wish to keep my contacts as all grey.

Steppenwolf
01-15-07, 03:15 PM
@Gavilan
Got your PM.
Step1.) The simplest way to do it is to change pokara's mod after you have unzipped it into your SilentHunterIII\MODS directory, but before you've used JSGME to install it (Or if you've already installed it, temporarily uninstall it with JSGME [Remembering to rollback SH3Commander first, if you use that utility], make the changes, then reinstall it with JSGME. That way if you ever need to install/reinstall the mod later the changes are already there and you won't have to be bothered doing this again:

Step2.) In the SilentHunterIII\MODS\GWX - Contact Color\data\Sea directory, create a subfolder caled ATug (remember directories and filenames are case sensitive).

Step3.) Copy SilentHunterIII\MODS\GWX - Contact Color\data\Sea\NF_Boat\NF_Boat_shp.tga to your new folder.

Step4.) Rename NF_Boat_shp.tga to ATug_shp.tga

Step5.) Repeat the above procedure four times to create the following four additional subfolders\files in the SilentHunterIII\MODS\GWX - Contact Color\data\Sea directory:

JunkM\JunkM_shp.tga
JunkS\JunkS_shp.tga
LC_MAL\LC_MAL_shp.tga
LC_MTL\LC_MTL_shp.tga

Obviously using the new folder\file names (not ATug) each time.

@heffalump
I had posted some instructions here earlier that I thought would solve your problem, but have deleted them, as on giving it further thought realized that using just contline.tga and dashline.tga will not work. I believe that the program uses contline for both sonar lines and tails on contacts, so while this would give you color sonar lines and grey contacts, the TAILS of the contacts would be in color (sort of defeating the whole purpose). My apologies.

Gavilan
01-15-07, 04:31 PM
Thanks for this Steppenwolf very precise instructions, I'm in your debt. :)

kochamok101
09-09-13, 05:31 AM
Try adding this

Through JSGME

Unfortunately, the link is dead... Does anyone know where i can find a working link?

Found it... Nevermind then...

MLGathome
09-09-13, 06:26 AM
I am using this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=33

Greetings, Marcel