PDA

View Full Version : IX Conning Tower

Corrupt_File
01-12-07, 12:43 AM
Hey Guys,

It's March 1941 and I got a nice IXB in Lorient. My question is why the IX/2 conning tower isn't available yet. The availability chart says it should be available in early/mid 1940. For an estimation of where I am, I just got the turbocharger about 1 1/2 months ago.

Thx

PS: Using GWX :up:

Ducimus
01-12-07, 01:08 AM
An oversight by GWX correcting the oversights of UBI.

Most research would indicate that the IX/2 tower wasnt historiclaly avialable until sometime in 42. The IX/3 tower in 43.

Ubi, for whatever reason had all the type 9 towers appearing a year before they historically should have. GWX's oversight was not correcting the tech tree timeline in the equipment upgrade menus. On the otherhand, maybe the file is embedded somewhere and they coudlnt change it. I don't know really.. Ive thought about this in the past but never really pursued it.

KevinB
01-12-07, 05:58 AM
The same for me with the VIIC. I'm in January 1941 and the chart shows another conning tower available sometime in 1940 but it's not there.

LeafsFan
01-12-07, 07:13 AM
Fixing the chart is less important than fixing the availability dates for the conning towers.

HB

Gezoes
01-12-07, 09:29 AM
This reminds me... I noticed a IXa being avalaible in from 10/'39, mind you - NOT 9/'39, through SH3 commander...

Didin't take it though and did some reading. It does seem correct though.

Gonna try that someday. That is after my med campaign goes belly up and I have to cross into the Atlantic through Gibraltar. Already looking forward to that :D

Alles was d'rein sitzt meister! ALLES!! LOL