PDA

View Full Version : Old timer returning: simple questions

BladeHeart
01-11-07, 04:25 PM
After a long absence of a year plus I have re-installed SH3 and added GWX, SHComm 2.7, etc. However, there a few aspects of the game that I recall being able to do but cannot remember how, etc. :damn: If you can please help.

Where on an UK keyboard is the short cut key for all stop?

Which file can be altered to amend short cut keys?

How does one alter course of the boat to the direction you are looking through the UZO or periscope? Seem to recall there was a short cut key, but cannot find it.

There will probably be a few other questions as I refresh, but many thanks to those who try to assist now, regardless.:)

Cheers

mookiemookie
01-11-07, 04:35 PM
After a long absence of a year plus I have re-installed SH3 and added GWX, SHComm 2.7, etc. However, there a few aspects of the game that I recall being able to do but cannot remember how, etc. :damn: If you can please help.

How does one alter course of the boat to the direction you are looking through the UZO or periscope? Seem to recall there was a short cut key, but cannot find it.

There will probably be a few other questions as I refresh, but many thanks to those who try to assist now, regardless.:)

Cheers

Assuming a UK keyboard is similar to a US keyboard, all stop is the tilde key (~) and to change heading to where you're looking, it's the equal sign key.

TarJak
01-11-07, 04:36 PM

Cheers
All stop is the tilde/grave accent (~/`) key. left of 1.

Can't remember the file but there is a mod that does it. http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/p...SetKey1_11.rar (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/../subsim_files/patches05/SetKey1_11.rar)

= steers the boat to you heading on binocs, periscope or UZO or just view whilst on the bridge. - relaligns your view to 0 heading. Boat's heading

This is a good thread that covers a lot of the little helpers people have found: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101924

EDIT: Mookie you beat me too it!

BladeHeart
01-12-07, 06:46 PM
Gents

Thanks for the help. :up:

andy_311
01-12-07, 07:44 PM
ERM not on mine it's not mine is the (@/') key and mines a uk keyboard.

3Jane
01-12-07, 08:43 PM

Same here.

BladeHeart
01-13-07, 10:21 PM

Same here.

Here too, but it was the thought that counted; however, thanks for your update gebts. :)