PDA

View Full Version : What is the meaning

barracuda
01-11-07, 09:31 AM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5214/testevj3.png of this symbols?

melnibonian
01-11-07, 09:35 AM
The one on the right means that the water pump is working. The one on the left if I remember correctly (I'm not too sure though) means that the compartment is flooding. The two numbers mater actually. It takes 18 minutes (I think they are minutes at least) for the pump to take all the water out and it takes 25 hours for the compartment to flood.

Cheapshot
01-11-07, 09:35 AM
I believe that the left is saying that it's 18 seconds to pump that compartment out, and the right is saying 25 minutes and 27 seconds before it's entirely flooded.

AVGWarhawk
01-11-07, 09:39 AM
Looking at the pictures I believe you are in deep doo doo:D. I think the left one is how long until the water is pumped and the right one is repair time. Only guessing on the right hand one.

its a viic
01-11-07, 09:45 AM
Yeah you have 25 minutes till asta la vista baby!:cry:

_Seth_
01-11-07, 10:10 AM
Agree with Cheapshot: Its 18 seconds to your pump gets rid of the water.Its 25 minutes and 27 seconds to complete flooding of this compartment.

LeafsFan
01-11-07, 10:11 AM
Could repair fix this?

HB

melnibonian
01-11-07, 10:20 AM
Yep if you have crews working on the compartment and you're pumping out water you can save the boat. The more damaged the compartment the more water it takes in.

Cap.Palla
01-11-07, 10:47 AM
So if the (left number) > (right number) you can't fix it! But...if a compartment is totally flooded ,are you dead?

mookiemookie
01-11-07, 10:49 AM
but...if a compartment is totally flooded ,are you dead?

The crew in it certainly is, but I believe you can survive a compartment being completely flooded. Of course I myself never have! :lol:

melnibonian
01-11-07, 10:49 AM
but...if a compartment is totally flooded ,are you dead?
Yep. It's Game Over for you in that case:down:

Jimbuna
01-11-07, 11:05 AM
Agree with Cheapshot: Its 18 seconds to your pump gets rid of the water.Its 25 minutes and 27 seconds to complete flooding of this compartment.

:up:
You can survive a department becoming completely flooded but it is highly likely you won't because the weight of the addittional water will probably make your boat sink to it's crush depth and flooding is usually accompanied with damage in other areas of your sub as well :yep:

Abd_von_Mumit
01-11-07, 11:37 AM
So if the (left number) > (right number) you can't fix it! But...if a compartment is totally flooded ,are you dead?
I think you can make it even if [left number] > [right number]. Just math: You need for example 1 hour to pump the water and 50 minutes to get fully flooded. But after 50 minutes 5/6 of the water that was in the compartment at start of counting is pumped out (so only 1/6 remains) and some new water came in. This mass of new water fills — I think — the space that was not flooded before completely, but now you have 5/6 of the previously flooded space emptied, so you still have free space and some "field for maneuvers", as we say in Polish.

Complicated, but seems quite logical… What do you think?

Cap.Palla
01-11-07, 11:44 AM
lol yes....seems logical....mine was a stupid question :oops:

Jimbuna
01-11-07, 01:16 PM
lol yes....seems logical....mine was a stupid question :oops:

No questions are stupid here mate...unless the poster purposely posts a 'funny'
We are all here to learn and share with each other :yep:

SINK EM ALL !! :arrgh!:

Von Hinten
01-11-07, 01:33 PM
The way I always thought it works is that the one on the left is how long it takes the repair crew to fix the hole, and the right is indeed how long it takes to fill up the compartment completely and it becomes inaccessible.

In this case the water stops from coming in after 18 seconds, but that still leaves the water in the compartment. When you click on the compartment and look at the part of the screen below this one it says something like 'flood recovery time' (I have no water in my boat right now so I can't check ;)) and after that time the compartment is water free.

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-11-07, 01:35 PM
The way I always thought it works is that the one on the left is how long it takes the repair crew to fix the hole, and the right is indeed how long it takes to fill up the compartment completely and it becomes inaccessible.

In this case the water stops from coming in after 18 seconds, but that still leaves the water in the compartment. When you click on the compartment and look at the part of the screen below this one it says something like 'flood recovery time' (I have no water in my boat right now so I can't check ;)) and after that time the compartment is water free.

I agree. That's how I've always interpreted them, too. When the left symbol vanishes the leaks are fixed/plugged, but you've still got to pump the compartment dry.