PDA

View Full Version : Conn Art

Reinhard Hardegen
01-10-07, 03:05 PM
How does one go about making his/her own conn art for the game?

andy_311
01-10-07, 05:53 PM
What's conn art??

swuboo
01-10-07, 07:06 PM
Conning tower emblem, I would imagine.

Camaero
01-10-07, 07:48 PM
Well, you either make it from scratch in a paint program like adobe photoshop, or you find a picture or symbol off the internet of the image you want. I think you then turn it into a tga file and go from there.

Reinhard Hardegen
01-10-07, 07:54 PM
yes I see but what is the size limit? I see that others have done this. I have Photoshop, so that is not the problem, I have tryed this but the image comes out blurry as you make it smaller.

_Seth_
01-10-07, 08:00 PM
I think it should be 64 x 64 in size.. just select the image, then go to the PS menu and choose "image size". set it to 64 x 64 "constrained proportions". Should do the trick, mate.

danlisa
01-11-07, 05:41 AM
_Seth_ is right, your emblems can be 64x64, 128x128, 256x256 etc. Find yourself an image that you want to use as an emblem, if you use google then they will most likely be jpeg.

Open this image in PS and remove the background so that only the detail you want left is visable on a separate layer.

Then create a new document with one of the above resolutions, it's best to keep this as near to your new image res as possible.

Fill this new document with Black or Dk Brown, SH3 uses these colours for transparency. Pick a fill colour that is different to the main body of your image.(i.e if your image is a black diamond then fill with brown).

Then drag your layered image onto your newly created filled layer. Center it up etc.

Then save this as a TGA at (IIRC) 24bit. You can then drop this into your emblems folder.