PDA

View Full Version : Israel Soon to Launch New Anti-Missile Drone

Enigma
01-09-07, 03:56 PM
Interesting article I found at the Hangar View blog.....
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=119011

A new drone designed to identify, intercept and destroy ballistic missiles as they are launched from the ground will soon make its debut.

The drone, designed and produced by the Israel Aircraft Industries, is the largest unmanned aircraft in the world.

TteFAboB
01-09-07, 06:32 PM
Can this be used against SAMs or are they too small to be intercepted? I'd love to take one of these with me in Falcon 4 for some serious SEAD/DEAD missions. :up: :D

ASWnut101
01-09-07, 09:25 PM
Oh! now THAT would be nice B.

Abraham
01-11-07, 01:22 AM
Anybody wants formation flying with a drone as big as a 737 armed with missiles?

It is a huge aircraft, almost the same size as a Boeing 737 passenger airliner with a wing span of 110 feet (35 meters), said a security official quoted in the daily newspaper Yediot Ahronot.

The aircraft is designed to fly at high altitudes and is equipped with cameras which identify the missiles as they are launched. It is also armed with missiles, which are used to intercept and destroy those which are fired by the enemy

On second thoughts, this white (and blue) elephant might need some serious protection in a hostile environment...

U-533
01-11-07, 05:36 AM
In order to keep full and complete coverage they will need at least 3.

One flying and doing the job.
One being refueled and serviced.
One on stand by incase one of the others fails.

Although it dependes on how many defensive missiles it carries ... :hmm: