PDA

View Full Version : Wasserbomb (GWX)

Kumando
01-09-07, 06:58 AM
Is it me or in GWX you crew doesnt shout Wasserbomb when you are being "DCed"?
In stock SH3 they did that a lot, but i dont remember to hear that no more in GWX.:o

stabiz
01-09-07, 08:25 AM
Yes, they do in my install.

Frenssen
01-09-07, 08:35 AM
I was "hedgehogged" in 44 and my sound operator didn`t tell me. Suddenly the lights started flickering and my LI told me the boat was damaged. The depth charges were reported as usual.
ASW attacks are much more challenging in GWX. Like years ago when I played Aces of the Deep I get these tense scary moments with GWX:up:

AVGWarhawk
01-09-07, 08:56 AM
Yes, my sonar guy does it. Do you have a good sonar man(lots of renown) and upgraded phones? My guy did not find sounds until I beefed him up and added the improved phones.

Kumando
01-09-07, 09:44 AM
Im in my first patrol, the crew is still preety green.

AVGWarhawk
01-09-07, 09:52 AM
Im in my first patrol, the crew is still preety green.

I ran into the same thing. Sonar guy was just deaf and stupid. I gave him a medal after the first patrol for some renown and up graded the phones. He is pretty good now.

Heck, one of my patrols with my green sonarman he kept saying "merchant blah blah" then started screaming 'Warship blah blah" I was like what the hell happened to the merchant? There was none, just the warship he kept calling a merchant:shifty:....I fired him out the forward torpedo tube!

mookiemookie
01-09-07, 10:41 AM
Your sonarman will indeed let you know when you're being DC'd. I know this after playing hide and seek for an hour and a half (played in 1x) with a couple of DDs. I guess they were a tad bit upset that I put the HMS Revenge on the bottom. :up:

You need to have a good sonar guy. Put a petty officer there until you can get someone qualified as a radioman.

AVGWarhawk
01-09-07, 10:58 AM
I use a little blue dude. He has like 35/50 renown and is darn good with the upgraded phones. I keep my petti officers in the torpedo rooms and engine rooms. I train them for those things.

The Munster
01-09-07, 11:05 AM
'wasserbomb' is not so much shouted out now but just said normally or practically a whisper so you can miss this statement sometimes.

Kumando
01-09-07, 06:27 PM
I have a petty officer with 200 renown in the sonar but the damned man doesnt say a word about DCs :o i only know they are in the water after they explode must me something wrong with my install.

AVGWarhawk
01-10-07, 09:31 AM
I don't know gents, last night I had my blue crew dude at the phones, 35/50 renown and upgraded phones. He was calling out DC for over two hours until he could speak no more;)

Kumando
01-10-07, 09:53 AM
The strange thing is that it doesnt even is visible in the subtitles nor is audible, but now im confused is the sonar guy the one in charge of saying wasserbomb or is the weapons officer? Because i tend to leave the weapons station unmaned.