PDA

View Full Version : do medics matter?

Bloody Bill
01-08-07, 07:39 PM
Does having a medic on board your sub matter when assigning qualifications? I am not sure. Also, in the original SH3 documention it mentions an "elite" crew. How do you get an elite crew?

Thanks

Reece
01-08-07, 07:50 PM
Yes, if a man goes red place him near the medic & he will be healed, but sorry, if he dies, the doc can't bring him back to life, just have to wait till surfaced & "bury the dead" (throw the carcase overboard)!:rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
01-08-07, 08:31 PM
Very definitely. Plus he bring medicinal alcohol!:yep:

Trygvasson
01-08-07, 08:33 PM
The Bible.... wait, no .... the Manual states that your boys recover fatigue faster if there is a medic in the quarters.

stabiz
01-08-07, 09:03 PM
Thats true.

I have disabled fatigue altogether with SH3Commander, so I only keep one onboard in case one of my very talented flak gunners bites the dust.

VonHelsching
01-09-07, 12:44 AM
but sorry, if he dies, the doc can't bring him back to life,

A "priest" unit from World of Warcraft would be handy for these purposes :rotfl:

azn_132
01-09-07, 12:46 AM
but sorry, if he dies, the doc can't bring him back to life,

A "priest" unit from World of Warcraft would be handy for these purposes :rotfl:

U play WoW? My bro always play like that right he's level 54.

Mooncatt
01-09-07, 04:05 AM
i play wow im lvl 49 hunter, anyway back to on topic, i dont bother with a medic since if i get attacked my crew very rarely get injured they just die :nope:

Chaotic42
01-09-07, 04:25 AM
The Bible.... wait, no .... the Manual states that your boys recover fatigue faster if there is a medic in the quarters.

Does he have pep pills in that medic bag... :hmm:

Abd_von_Mumit
01-09-07, 09:49 AM
Kaleuns! Achtung!

Having a medic aboard is a MUSS! I meant a must! Medic muss sein! How do you think, what impact on morale would it have if the crew knew that you refused to take any medic with you for a long patrol? Even just on watch anyone could get overcolded, break his finger, get headache or flue. Your teeth can be painful (or whatever you call it in English), just anything can happen. A medic is a guy that obviously is not a doctor and has no idea what to do in all these situations, but nobody believes it and everybody waits for his ”Stay calm, all's gonna be ok, mate”. That's what he is for, verdamtt!

Iron Budokan
01-09-07, 09:53 AM
You need a medic a lot more than you do a helmsman.

Herr Russ
01-09-07, 10:56 AM
Since officers can have 3 quals, I usually have 2 qual'd as medics. Since one is almost always in berthing, it helps the others recover. The medic qual'd P.O. is usually transfered for a green p.o. that I can qual as something else... I'm running 4 qual'd flak gunners, 3 qual'd gunners, 2 qual'd sonarmen, 3 qual'd torpedomen, 4 qual's machinists and three qual'd watches in my IXC..

Good Luck..

jbt308
01-09-07, 11:31 AM
Personal opinion, I'd almost say no it's not a necessity. In my experience, I've had approx 10 casualties, of those, 9 were instantly killed. As I play with no fatigue(a whole other story) the medics anti-fatigue skill doesn't really do me much good. However, if you're prone to injuries and ARE using a fatigue model, I would definately say that it's a good idea.

Jimbuna
01-09-07, 02:27 PM

Very true mate :yep:
I'm still waiting of somebody explaining just what if anything the 'helmsman' qualification gives you or the boat :hmm:

FIREWALL
01-09-07, 02:30 PM
Very definitely. Plus he bring medicinal alcohol!:yep:

I'll drink to that.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :()1:

Iron Budokan
01-09-07, 02:32 PM
I'm still waiting of somebody explaining just what if anything the 'helmsman' qualification gives you or the boat :hmm:

Same here.

VipertheSniper
01-09-07, 03:15 PM

Same here.

Maybe a helmsman that doesn't always go 40° starboard/port everytime there's a course change, or one that reacts to your commands immediatly, instead of first confirming your order and then reacting... :damn: :damn: one that just sets the speed to whatever you order immediatly while confirming your order... I really hate that lag, doing full ahead underwater in the deadzone of the destroyers hydrophones, almost coming out of the deadzone, ordering 1/3 ahead, "Aye Captain 1/3 ahead", setting finally changed to 1/3 ahead, if the destroyer picks me up in the surely 3 seconds that are between my order and it's execution, I'm screwed... Sadly Helmsman qualification doesn't help this one bit.

Yeah I know, default game behaviour, but one can dream right?

Hartmann
01-09-07, 05:06 PM
He can't bring crew back to life but he have a plenty supply of non sleeping pills and alcohol.
Also medicines very useful for some irritating hair parasites... :rotfl: the doctor put the crew in a row with his pants down...

I donīt know tha could be possible throw overboad the poor sailors until now :oops: .
one time i returned with a death men in the torpedo room compartment during weeks :doh: :88)

Biggles
01-09-07, 05:24 PM
I just think it seems logical to have a medic on board.You never know what the tommies might come up with....