PDA

View Full Version : Patrol grids

andy_311
01-08-07, 02:41 PM
It seems I got a problem with my patrol grids when I get there it says incomplete.I gid my 24hr stint but still no joy any solutions anyone?

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2871/imheregl9.jpg
And here are my Orders
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3711/ordersff9.jpg
And I know am in the right grid any ideas why this is happening I really would like to know?:damn:

mookiemookie
01-08-07, 02:44 PM
I don't think it matters much. You don't get the renown bonus for patrolling Indian Ocean and Black Seas grids given in GWX. Just a limitation of the game engine.

bigboywooly
01-08-07, 02:47 PM
There no game grids in the Indian ocean or Black sea ( although the Kriegsmarine had them - damn devs :damn: ) so even though you reach the area and patrol for 24hr you wont get any renown

Take it you didnt read that bit in the manual :rotfl:

andy_311
01-08-07, 06:44 PM
Well thanks for that at least I know now,(yes I did read the manual just not that part)

SilverGhost
01-09-07, 12:06 PM
My God, man! You're all over the map! Get a new navigator who can plot a search in a logical manner. ;)

Looks like the Family Circus there!

Jimbuna
01-09-07, 02:21 PM
Well thanks for that at least I know now,(yes I did read the manual just not that part)

You tell him Andy :cool:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

andy_311
01-09-07, 07:17 PM
My God, man! You're all over the map! Get a new navigator who can plot a search in a logical manner. ;)

Looks like the Family Circus there!

It's a big Ocean :D I didn't do the trip about an hour later a TF was reported about 200KM NW of my position so I went chaseing that.

Edelweiss
01-10-07, 03:00 PM
Could someone please tell me if the problem is the same in the Mediterranean ? Asked for a transfer to the 29th U-Flotille in La Spezia in 1942 (started my career in 1939) and reaching the right grid does not valid my patrol objectives any more... :cry:

melnibonian
01-10-07, 03:28 PM
Could someone please tell me if the problem is the same in the Mediterranean ? Asked for a transfer to the 29th U-Flotille in La Spezia in 1942 (started my career in 1939) and reaching the right grid does not valid my patrol objectives any more... :cry:
If the patrol grid was present in the stock SH3 then you should get renown. Otherwise the new GWX-grids do not give renown.

Edelweiss
01-10-07, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately, as my video card have not enough muscles to run GWX :nope: , I'm still using IuB. I get the orders validation & renown in the Atlantic but not in the Mediterranean any more after my transfer, that's what I find quite weird...

melnibonian
01-10-07, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately, as my video card have not enough muscles to run GWX :nope: , I'm still using IuB. I get the orders validation & renown in the Atlantic but not in the Mediterranean any more after my transfer, that's what I find quite weird...
I'm sorry for that mate, but unfortunatelly I cannot help you. I haven't play IuB. I thought you were talking about GWX. Still I'm almost sure that there must be something in the script of IuB with regard to your renown. After all the renown for the patrol grids is hardcored in SH3.

Edelweiss
01-10-07, 06:09 PM
Well, thanks for your replies anyway ; will surely find another mean to get some renown ! :smug:

JScones
01-12-07, 10:30 PM
You can *very* easily compensate for the fact that your Black Sea and Indian Ocean patrol objectives are not recognised as "completed" by SH3...

NON-SH3Cmdr users:
Open Basic.cfg and change the line CompletedPatrol=100 (under RENOWN block) to CompletedPatrol=500 (or whatever you want - the extra 400 simply compensates for the 200 renown usually given for reaching the grid and the 200 for staying 24 hours). Remember to adjust back when you return to the stock regions.

SH3Cmdr users:
Open SH3Cmdr's Static settings.cfg and ADD the line RENOWN|CompletedPatrol=500 to the existing block (there are two other RENOWN settings already listed). Remember to remove the line (simply prefix it with a semicolon) when you return to the stock regions.

Easy!

melnibonian
01-13-07, 05:49 AM
You can *very* easily compensate for the fact that your Black Sea and Indian Ocean patrol objectives are not recognised as "completed" by SH3...

NON-SH3Cmdr users:
Open Basic.cfg and change the line CompletedPatrol=100 (under RENOWN block) to CompletedPatrol=500 (or whatever you want - the extra 400 simply compensates for the 200 renown usually given for reaching the grid and the 200 for staying 24 hours). Remember to adjust back when you return to the stock regions.

SH3Cmdr users:
Open SH3Cmdr's Static settings.cfg and ADD the line RENOWN|CompletedPatrol=500 to the existing block (there are two other RENOWN settings already listed). Remember to remove the line (simply prefix it with a semicolon) when you return to the stock regions.

Easy!
Hey I had no idea we could do that:o

Thanks a lot for this tip Jaesen;) :up: :up:

andy_311
01-13-07, 07:07 AM
I must remember that you learn something every day:D

andy_311
01-13-07, 07:48 AM
While on the subject of patrol grids, What gives my patrol areas in the Far East to date have been like this
1 patrol -Timmore sea
1 patrol -Indian Ocean
3 patrols -S.Africa
1 patrol Arafusan sea
1 Patrol s.Austrailia
4 Patrols -Coral Sea
What's with the Coral sea,there nothing there apart from a lot of rain,a few small convoys,and a raid to Port Morsby,it's a long bloody trip and running the gauntlet evading the Gato's is becomeing a pain,.Pity Tokyo is not on the map I really would have liked to sail there.

melnibonian
01-13-07, 10:01 AM
The Pacific is totally empty in GWX, due to the fact that SHIV is based there. I think there are some legal issues with the Pacific and Ubisoft/SHIV, so no ships there unfortunatelly:cry:

On the bright side you have the rest of the world to go and hunt;) :up:

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 10:51 AM
Not so much a legal issue as a courtesy one
The SHIV Devs are working on the Pacific so why tread on their toes

Who knows
When 4 is out and about there may still be enough interest in 3 to add Pacific areas of interest

Jimbuna
01-13-07, 11:09 AM

Who knows
When 4 is out and about there may still be enough interest in 3 to add Pacific areas of interest

WITHOUT A DOUBT :yep:

melnibonian
01-13-07, 08:07 PM

Who knows
Oh yes BBW. You know we want all the Oceans filled with ships to sink;) :D :D :up:

andy_311
01-13-07, 09:40 PM
Exactly sh3 map goes all the way to the jap mainland courtsey or not it could be a taster of what to come so I wouldn't dismiss it all together as I said earlier on the patrols to the Coral Sea in 44 I think it was crawling with US and Japanese Traffic.I know sh4 is going in that area,but a feel or a taster of what it could be like would be apppreciated.Whens sh4 coming out really could be 08,09,10 nobody knows what going to mess up until it gets realeased SH3 got a map there with the Jap mainland,Okinawa, Wake Island, Borneo and all the rest of the Islands there lets make use of them why would they be there in the first place. All we need now are a few Japanese warships BB's,Carriers,etc and were rolling,thats my opinion anyway.

bigboywooly
01-14-07, 12:13 AM
That was another consideration
There arent any Jap ships bar the subchaser
Especially not warships

It was bad enough adding the Indian and Black sea regions :rotfl: