PDA

View Full Version : CE: Report question

danurve
01-07-07, 08:57 PM
So Im off on patrol in AN34 IIA trying to hunt with the hydrophones and it's time for a CE Report. I had plenty of time, it would seem to be. Finally at the end of the partol I managed to score a cargo ship tracked it from 36 into 35. In this boat so far the battery level will reach 50% before co2 gets bad. My question is just what is the second gauge from the right do or for? It's always peged and never moves!

http://huntny.us/images/ce_reports_guage.jpg

azn_132
01-07-07, 09:00 PM
So Im off on patrol in AN34 IIA trying to hunt with the hydrophones and it's time for a CE Report. I had plenty of time, it would seem to be. Finally at the end of the partol I managed to score a cargo ship tracked it from 36 into 35. In this boat so far the battery level will reach 50% before co2 gets bad. My question is just what is the second gauge from the right do or for? It's always peged and never moves!

http://huntny.us/images/ce_reports_guage.jpg

I think thats compressed air since ur usein stock game not GWX.

Jazer
01-07-07, 09:02 PM
That's your compressed air reserve for emergency surface. The "E" key. It blows the water out of your ballast tanks so that you can surface in a hurry; say if your taking on a lot of flodding or what not. It goes down a little every time you hit the key.

azn_132
01-07-07, 09:03 PM
Also where is ur WP, SO, RM, And WO?

Herr Russ
01-07-07, 09:11 PM
Also where is ur WP, SO, RM, And WO?

I just noticed that.. Not too strange while running on the surface... Although I always have a radio/sonar operator on duty.. I often rest my officers, if i have room & they're not immediately needed.. (WO, WP)

danurve
01-07-07, 09:44 PM
Thanx for the quick responce :up:

And yes I was submerged at the time resting much of the crew / officers.

azn_132
01-07-07, 09:45 PM
Thanx for the quick responce :up:

And yes I was submerged at the time resting much of the crew / officers.

Why let then rest? Do they have the red ! mark on them?

danurve
01-08-07, 09:37 AM
When I took that screen there was just enough crew for electric engines & command. Due to my over extending the crew by mistake, (didn't pause while watching a wildcard playoff).

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-08-07, 12:31 PM
As mentioned, the guage shows the compressed air. It's also marked wrong, as the red indicator stripe (which should mark dangerously low levels) is on the high-pressure side.

Sailor Steve
01-08-07, 05:29 PM
That's why in the better mods such as Bordeinstrumente the line is changed to green.

Swany6mm
01-08-07, 09:55 PM
Compressed air was not just used for emergancy surfacing. It's also used for lauching your torpedos. They use it to launch the torpedo out of the tube, then the torpedos propulsion (electric, steam, etc) take over.