PDA

View Full Version : GWX Weather

Brag
01-07-07, 07:11 PM
After 11 days of good weather and glassy seas, things turned dirty. My compliments to the GWX team, the gale looks pretty real. My first reaction was to duck when I popped onto the bridge after surfacing! After half hour of observing the spectacle, I'm still impressed. I've been to sea and the GWX angry seas come pretty close to the real thing. I could nitpick on a few minor details, like wave direction vs. rain and the state of the sea for 15 mps. The GWX graphics will give anyone the idea of what it is really like out there. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Now, how long will this hell last?:roll:

NightCrawler
01-07-07, 07:15 PM
I never complain about the weather in case(stock SHIII), 1 mission i had 3 weeks bad weather, fog,rain, thunderstorm when i was heading to Carabean... never had a choice to use a deckgun :(

But in GWX, i had 1 mission to use my deckgun and took 4 ships, and that saves allot torps...

and on the other hand, it's good to have bad weather, to give that crew a shower, they STINK THE HIGH HEAVEN....
and i bet, even in the sub, the smell was BAD!!! that you make you puke...

stabiz
01-07-07, 07:16 PM
If you play at 1x TC?

Forever! :rotfl:

Letum
01-07-07, 07:18 PM
Close to the real thing? :doh:

You must have been in some funny looking sea.

stabiz
01-07-07, 07:20 PM
Lighten up, Letum, I`m guessing he means compared to stock SH3. Its not possible to make the water in SH3 look really REAL.

SH4, though ...

Corsair
01-08-07, 07:23 AM
And to make it better, you can put a high power fan on the desk , put sailing gear on and ask your madame to throw a bucket of cold water at you every now and then.
If alone when you play, there is the option to go regularly under a cold shower...
Which remembers me of what said one time Edward Heath (ex british prime minister who had a passion for sail racing all his life with his well known boats named "Morning Cloud" iirc) :
If you want to know what being the owner of a racing yacht feels like, put on a rough weather gear, put yourself under a cold shower and start ripping banknotes apart... :D

Procyon1966
01-14-15, 01:33 AM
My system crashes when I surface in stormy weather. And when I move crew to the tower. Any thoughts gang?
I'm running Windows XP with an ATI-1gig card. 4gig ram on a AMD 3.6 cpu.
Maybe a settings adjustment somewhere?
Thanks
-A Noob. LOL:salute:

Sailor Steve
01-14-15, 10:03 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SailorSteve/ThreadNecromancy_zps88ed9d33.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/SailorSteve/media/ThreadNecromancy_zps88ed9d33.jpg.html)

We would really prefer that you start a new thread for a question like this, rather than bring back one from eight years ago.

HW3
01-14-15, 10:50 AM
Welcome Aboard!

If you are using the surface icon to surface your sub, it has been reported to cause crashes. Use the S key on your keyboard instead.:yep:

Zosimus
01-14-15, 10:56 AM
:up:

I had no clue how to respond.

Pisces
01-14-15, 12:32 PM
Well, I don't think necromancing a thread is a bad thing per sé. I'm not aware of any policy on this either. But maybe I missed it. As long as the reply is fitting the topic of the thread it's ok in my book.

In this particular case I find the request for help solving a crash having quite a weak link with the original topic (admiring the change in weather). Also, as the cause of a crash can be due to a fairly unique set of circumstances it is indeed better to start your own thread and not mix it up with other discussions. But as always, you have to admire he/she actually used the search function. :yeah:

Sailor Steve
01-14-15, 04:08 PM
Well, I don't think necromancing a thread is a bad thing per sé. I'm not aware of any policy on this either. But maybe I missed it. As long as the reply is fitting the topic of the thread it's ok in my book.
Nor do I. If the reason is to ask if the problem expressed in the thread has ever been solved, or to ask if there are new links to a mod mentioned in the thread, sure. And no, there is no policy on this. It was just my opinion.

Jeff-Groves
01-14-15, 04:11 PM
It was just my opinion.

I could point out it's like an arse hole. Everyone has one.
But I won't.
Oh crap!!
I did didn't I?
:har:

Sailor Steve
01-14-15, 04:29 PM
And for no apparent reason. :O:

Jeff-Groves
01-14-15, 04:42 PM
And for no apparent reason. :O:

Post count BBY!
:har:

Pisces
01-14-15, 06:28 PM
I could point out it's like an arse hole. Everyone has one.
But I won't.
Oh crap!!
I did didn't I?
:har:And you used it even. :eek:

Jeff-Groves
01-14-15, 06:30 PM
And you used it even. :eek:

I'm a sick, sick little man. What can I say?
:haha:

U-15
01-15-15, 11:07 AM

Nothing
Just quit while you're behind.

No pun intended this time btw:88)

Sailor Steve
01-15-15, 11:29 AM
Everybody, I've met Jeff, and nothing could be further from the truth.

He's actually a sick, sick medium-to-large man. :O:

Jeff-Groves
01-15-15, 04:44 PM
:D

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/privateer_2006/Steve_Me_Jim.jpg~original

Sailor Steve
01-15-15, 05:34 PM
Funny, I remember you being taller. I freely admit to being a fat old fart.

CTU_Clay
08-08-15, 08:38 PM
WoW! Talk about staying on topic. You old timers should know better.

Back to the topic GWX Weather.

Sailor Steve
08-08-15, 08:48 PM
WoW! Talk about staying on topic. You old timers should know better.

Back to the topic GTX Weather.
Actually that topic died eight years ago, along with the thread. The topic last January was resurrecting old threads for slight or transient reasons. Congratulations on re-resurrecting it again.

Oh, and it's GWX. :O:

CTU_Clay
08-08-15, 09:25 PM
Actually that topic died eight years ago, along with the thread. The topic last January was resurrecting old threads for slight or transient reasons. Congratulations on re-resurrecting it again.

Oh, and it's GWX. :O:

I stand corrected. Damn these old man glasses. :salute: