PDA

View Full Version : Gramaphone music

Kumando
01-02-07, 06:59 AM
Does playing gramaphone music makes you more noisier or not? I think not but maybe someone could tell me.

danlisa
01-02-07, 07:05 AM
Not yet;) But maybe soon:|\\

johan_d
01-02-07, 07:07 AM
no, they cant hear that..

Jimbuna
01-02-07, 08:05 AM
Play it nice and low....just in case :rotfl:

Mooncatt
01-02-07, 08:07 AM
well i put some of my own files in there, ummm Greenday and some other stuff. i can only imagine the look on the DD`s crew when they hear American Idiot playing :rotfl:

Morts
01-02-07, 08:19 AM
american DD is tracking down a german sub

DD hydrophone guy: hmm im picking up some sound. i think they are playing the gramophone.
DD captain: let me hear *listens "you wanna be an american idiot lalala"* GET THAT Uboat
Uboat kaleun: maybe playing "american idiot" while sailing on the american coast wasnt such a good idea after all

AVGWarhawk
01-02-07, 09:37 AM
You can crank the music all you want. I do! I have some movie scores that make my patrols epic due to the music playing!:up:

Iron Budokan
01-02-07, 09:38 AM
Really? Wow. I've always thought it did in the game....

Brag
01-02-07, 11:59 AM
Hehe,
Being a rebel at heart and totally ireverent, I like to listen to Die Fanne Hoch (spelled right?), banned in Germany. "We" also play All Over the Place after sinking a ship.

I have the music blaring when transiting the Kiel Kanal. The Luftwaffe march is also good when setting off on patrol.

But when there is the remotest chance that our noise can be heard, it's silent time. I sure as hell to want to get killed over a song :smug:

Sailor Steve
01-02-07, 12:01 PM
I always turn it off as soon as I get any kind of contact, just because that's what they really did. The game doesn't have to force you to play realistically if that's what you want to do anyway.

AVGWarhawk
01-02-07, 12:04 PM
I always turn it off as soon as I get any kind of contact, just because that's what they really did. The game doesn't have to force you to play realistically if that's what you want to do anyway.

Like I said, my music is very good for attacks, etc. I is musical scores from movies so it makes it really cool to listen to as my torps explose, etc. It shuts off when I jump on the hydrophones so that works out well!

azn_132
01-03-07, 06:40 AM

Like I said, my music is very good for attacks, etc. I is musical scores from movies so it makes it really cool to listen to as my torps explose, etc. It shuts off when I jump on the hydrophones so that works out well!

Its funny when I play I Luv It by Young Jeezy because the song doesnt fit wit the game but end up gettin 4 or 5 ships and return home witout any damage in my second career.

Jimbuna
01-03-07, 07:00 AM

Your music collection sounds pretty impressive ;)

johan_d
01-03-07, 07:07 AM
goto www.live365.com, look for rat patrol radio, its free to listen, war time tunes all the way. You can let winamp play it in the back.

azn_132
01-03-07, 07:11 AM
goto www.live365.com (http://www.live365.com), look for rat patrol radio, its free to listen, war time tunes all the way. You can let winamp play it in the back.
Nice find I didnt know 1940s are good to listen even tho I listen to rap, hip-hop, R&B, and some japanese music.

HunterICX
01-03-07, 07:14 AM
:D hehe,

on a uboats deck itself some good Subwoofers and Amplifiers and sail along the coast of England.

''ANTON! ANTON ANTON! ANTON ANTON!!!!!'' ANTON AUS TIROL!!!!:rotfl:

or

''WURST WURST WURST!!! GIBST MIR NOCH EINE BIER!!!''

johan_d
01-03-07, 07:56 AM
U48, Du Bist Alles Was Wir Haben On Der Welt!

Jimbuna
01-03-07, 08:04 AM
My personal favourite whilst driving into a convoy on the surface at night is Wagners 'Flight/Ride of the Valkyrie' :arrgh!:

Patboot
01-03-07, 08:27 AM
goto www.live365.com (http://www.live365.com), look for rat patrol radio, its free to listen, war time tunes all the way. You can let winamp play it in the back.

Damn you Johan- I was going to post the RPR link, but I had to look for it.:p

Morts
01-03-07, 08:41 AM

johan_d
01-03-07, 06:30 PM
I knew you liked it.. btw, with free ripping software, like boombox, you can save the tracks, and use them in game directly..
Now, if someone would compile an hour music, with radio messages between, on year based it would be awesome.
http://www.umkc.edu/lib/spec-col/ww2/main-txt.htm
http://www.authentichistory.com/ww2.html
http://www.earthstation1.com/wwii.html

Paajtor
01-03-07, 07:29 PM
Hehe,
Being a rebel at heart and totally ireverent, I like to listen to Die Fanne Hoch (spelled right?), banned in Germany. That's called the Horst Wessel Lied, and yes, it's banned from half the galaxy. :lol:

P.s. it's "Fahne"

johan_d
01-03-07, 08:12 PM
Strange isnt that songs can be banned.. somehow the victors are afraid of them.

Anyhow, it belongs to the game, and i think it is no harm. Gives great athmosphere, alough I do not understand every word. One of the GWX songs is rather cool, somthing about unsern sieg.
Reminds me on a war movie, where a tank group sings a song, stamping with their feet.. Battle of the Bulge?

Cool moments when ein Englander goes down and Bernard starts the grammaphone with that song and the watchman calls that a destroyer is on the horizon.. ALARM!!

mookiemookie
01-03-07, 08:38 PM
I find #501 in GWX's gramophone folder so damn catchy. I used to know the name of it, but not anymore...

I know it was an SS march, which kind of gives me an awkward feeling when I find myself humming it to myself in the elevator at work because I was up late the night before playing SH3 and it's stuck in my head. :shifty:

I also have the soundtrack to Band of Brothers in my gramophone folder, plus a lot of the original music from SH3. Lots of good mood setting instrumentals. Like AVGWarhawk said...I like my patrols to be epic. :up:

Jimbuna
01-03-07, 09:07 PM
Is that the 'Wehrmachtsmarsche-helenenmarsch' ? :hmm:

mookiemookie
01-03-07, 09:16 PM
No, I don't think so. I remember looking up the song and finding it on a listing of banned music in Germany.

I seem to recall GW 1.1a had the actual names of the tunes in the folder, and now the files are all just titled with numbers, so I can't go back and look at what the name is.

johan_d
01-03-07, 09:17 PM
its number 16 in the sound folder.. dunno the name

johan_d
01-03-07, 09:24 PM
My sig says A-ganger? oh mein GOTT!!

Strange forum this is!

Anyhow, all numbers now..