PDA

View Full Version : * ** Top Secret** *

edjcox
12-29-06, 12:13 AM
Sorry didn't know the images were on the net already. I'll delete mine...

Letum
12-29-06, 12:31 AM
error

Safe-Keeper
12-29-06, 12:36 AM
:-?

..Er.. Beats my "Irnoy" post:p.

flyingdane
12-29-06, 02:00 AM
thats not top secret and you' have been busted :shifty:

Torplexed
12-29-06, 07:44 AM
Wasn't Top Secret Val Kilmer's first movie?

stabiz
12-29-06, 07:51 AM
It should have been his last. (Except Kiss Kiss Bang Bang)

Schatten
12-29-06, 10:49 AM
I liked Top Secret, it was a very amusing movie.

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang was excellent as well.

But Kilmer's shining moment in my opinion can be best summed up this way,"I got two guns...one for each of ya." :yep:

Sailor Steve
12-29-06, 11:21 AM
Yes, Top Secret was Val Kilmer's first big-screen movie. He was in a TV movie before that, but only one. Disagree with Stabiz; not only did he steal Tombstone, but he was fun in his second movie, Real Genius. "In the words of the immortal Socrates, 'I drank WHAT?'" Also agree with Schatten, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was wonderful. Unlike a lot of people, I also liked The Doors. Did you know that a lot of the singing was not stock recordings of Jim Morrison, but Kilmer himself?

By the way, what was this thread origally about?

Schatten
12-29-06, 11:34 AM
He definately stole Tombstone and probably should have gotten a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for it. He would have if I would have had anything to do with it. :D

I have no clue what the original topic was, but now it seems to be the Val Kilmer thread. He really should make a WWII sub movie, I mean if Jon Bon Jovi can be in one why not Val? ;)

EDIT: In one of my moving boxes around here, which I really need to unpack, I have a pair of white fuzzy bunny slippers, all because of Real Genius. I can't decide if that's very cool, or very sad...

edjcox
01-01-07, 12:13 AM

WilhelmSchulz.
01-01-07, 03:18 PM
It would help if they where right side up. :roll:

edjcox
01-01-07, 09:42 PM

peterloo
01-01-07, 09:49 PM
Well, I've seen this in Wikipedia... The Operation Downfall, where Americans planned to invade Japan home islands... Good to see them again

It's also good for u to process that book...

For those who what to process a better copy (than his scanning) can go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

Schatten
01-01-07, 10:08 PM
The book Downfall by Richard B. Frank is pretty much essential reading for anyone insterested in the end of days in the PTO in my opinion.

His book about Guadalcanal is also the one I'd rate as the best of the lot as well. :up: