PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

Javelin
12-28-06, 09:19 PM
Lately after inserting the silent hunter disc in my cd, it just spins, for some time and then it will not play. After rebooting several times, I finally get it to play. Any ideas on whats the problem. Also, purchased another disc, but with the same results. I do not have this problem with any other game.

Pants
12-28-06, 09:26 PM
Try another game..see if that boots up, also check your windows explorer to see if said disk is recognised by the cd/dvd rom..if not then get a cleaner and clean your drive if that still dosn't work you may need a drive.Sorry that i can't be more help.

3Jane
12-29-06, 05:32 AM
Try loading it through the CD-RW drive if you have one. Secondly use an air-blast cleaner or a cleaning disk. The optics in the drive might just be having a problem reading disks. If the problem still persists with other disks, it might indicate some kind of drive failure, depending on the age of the drive. But that is realy the worst case scinario. If you do replace the drive, try to get a good one. It can mean more expense, but generic drives in my experience don't have a long life span.

Melonfish
12-29-06, 05:38 AM
i had this, a quick re-install fixed it.
basically my game crashed whilst loading then after that it just span in the drive and starforce just said "reading"
re-install worked a treat.
pete

Letum
12-29-06, 05:44 AM
i had this, a quick re-install fixed it.
basically my game crashed whilst loading then after that it just span in the drive and starforce just said "reading"
re-install worked a treat.
pete

This fix should be put in the sticky SH3 Newbie Guide (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96026) ! :up:

Jimbuna
12-29-06, 10:48 AM
The laser on a CD-RW is always the most powerful so check the disc with that. If you don't have one or it still won't work then clean the disc and the ROM lens then check your drivers via 'control panel' etc.
All else considered buy a new ROM....I use Pioneer but that is my personal preference (I'm burning in excess of 20 discs per week but still manage about 14 months per ROM) :up:
Good Luck :D

Pumbaa
12-29-06, 11:27 AM
This is going to sound retarded but if it's a DVD make sure you put it in the DVD drive and not the CD drive . . . .

Yes I have actually put games in the wrong drives more then a few times :doh:

danurve
12-29-06, 11:30 AM
Just two cents; newegg.com usually has screamin deals on drives.