Gordon Brown takes over from Tony Blair
Another scorcher summer
Bills to go upRest of the world

Iran leaders banging the big stick
North Korea tests another bomb
Iraq still a mess
China economy goes from strength to strength
And very little change in the worldSUBSIMS

Neal's book cleans up as the fastest selling book in history making Neal very rich and wearing a crown for some unknown reason
And us lot put the world to rights and having a great time here on SubSims

Kapitan_Phillips
12-28-06, 06:55 AM
Well here's mind for the U.K

More PC Madness
More TAX
Another scorcher summer

Iraq still a mess

Neal's book cleans up as the fastest selling book in history making Neal very rich and wearing a crown for some unknown reason

Thanks for that, Mystic Meg :rotfl: :rotfl:

Linton
12-28-06, 06:58 AM
I thought gas bills were meant to come down in the spring-but you are pretty spot on in the rest of your predictions!

STEED
12-28-06, 06:58 AM
Just a bit of fun. :lol:

danlisa
12-28-06, 07:25 AM
I predict that STEED will post a link to a news article and then proceed to moan about it.:D

Linton
12-28-06, 07:31 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

STEED
12-28-06, 07:53 AM
I predict that STEED will post a link to a news article and then proceed to moan about it.:D

That's a 100% certainty. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Onkel Neal
12-28-06, 08:03 AM
I think I would look good with a crown :yep:

Kapitan_Phillips
12-28-06, 09:01 AM
I think I would look good with a crown :yep:

I didnt know Stetson made crowns ;)

Sailor Steve
12-28-06, 12:12 PM
I predict I will have another birthday.

Beyond that nothing is certain.

Enigma
12-28-06, 12:42 PM
I predict more of the same. :down:

Cpt. Stewker
12-28-06, 01:06 PM
I predict more of the same. :down:

Agreed.

Takeda Shingen
12-28-06, 02:07 PM
I predict that at least three more people will storm from the forums in a huff, vowing to 'leave forever', only to return less than two weeks later. We had three in the past year, and it seems a safe bet that this will at least be matched; perhaps even by some of the same people.

I also predict that SubSim will continue it's explosive growth. With SHIV on the horizon, this seems a safe bet.

My hope is that 'PC Madness' and taxes do not abate. Otherwise, Steed may have nothing to talk about. :)

STEED
12-28-06, 02:23 PM
My hope is that 'PC Madness' and taxes do not abate. Otherwise, Steed may have nothing to talk about. :)

Give that man a beer. :lol:

On the subject of PC Madness my council is going to bring some of it in the new year. Now where is my pen, my red pen.

Don't panic folks I am toning down my PC Madness posts a lot. ;)

Oberon
12-28-06, 02:40 PM
I predict that at least three more people will storm from the forums in a huff, vowing to 'leave forever', only to return less than two weeks later.

My prediction is that all three of them will be 'Sir Big Jugs' ;)

Camaero
12-28-06, 02:56 PM
I predict that at least three more people will storm from the forums in a huff, vowing to 'leave forever', only to return less than two weeks later.

I think the next person who claims to be leaving forever should have their IP banned so they won't be tempted to return. :yep:

If you look at 2005 and look at 2006 and see how very little has changed... I see more of the same in 07. Maybe even slightly worse?:hmm:

On the upside however, the Chargers will be the Super Bowl Champs! Whooo!

geetrue
12-28-06, 06:53 PM
Well, I don't want to predict anything that's me and
people think it is a gift of God ... :lol:

But I predict that at least one black person will
announce that they are putting their hat in the ring
to run for the president of the United States.

and I predict at least one woman will attempt to
run for the president of the United States and
actually admit that she has slept with an ex-president
of the United States :rock:

and for my last prediction ... I predict that I'm going
to sink a lot of Japs in SH IV and then I'm going to
sink some more ... :arrgh!:

Wim Libaers
12-28-06, 07:55 PM
I think the next person who claims to be leaving forever should have their IP banned so they won't be tempted to return. :yep:

With dynamic IP addresses being so common, I think that would be worse than useless ;)

Linton
12-29-06, 06:22 AM
Perhaps people who say they are going to leave could be placed in limbo and have their post score reduced to zero.They could also have every one of their posts having to be approved by a moderator.PPrune does this with new joiners until they have shown they can post properly and maturely.

bradclark1
12-29-06, 08:49 AM
I predict that at least three more people will storm from the forums in a huff, vowing to 'leave forever', only to return less than two weeks later. We had three in the past year, and it seems a safe bet that this will at least be matched; perhaps even by some of the same people.
Who would that be? :lol: :rock:

Melonfish
12-29-06, 10:13 AM
i predict that Supreme commander and SHIV will be delayed till 2008...

*runs away to hide*
pete

Takeda Shingen
12-29-06, 11:15 AM
i predict that Supreme commander and SHIV will be delayed till 2008...

*runs away to hide*
pete

I can see SHIV being pushed back to Q4 2007, but not all the way to Q1 of 08. Things are too far along for that to happen.

Kapitan_Phillips
12-30-06, 06:38 AM
Here's what I predict for 2007:

STEED will never stop his un-PC rantings, much to the vast amusement of his colleagues (particularly his English ones (Go Blighty :rock: ))
The Onkel will find a new pair of purple trousers, and thus will start an entire thread singing their praises
We'll never get rid of that bump thread
The new Rambo film will suck
I'll never get any better at Poker
I'll be getting engaged
My exams will suck
Sailor Steve will lose it, find his Springfield '03, and walk to his library demanding it open its doors
CCIP will never escape his likeness to Hubertus Bengsch
Torplexed will continue to make suggestive cartoons involving office equipment
The SH IV Dev Team will go nuts and paint all the submarines yellow
Takeda Shingen still has a four digit number of lethal putdowns and tongue lashings (go Takeda!)

Sailor Steve
12-30-06, 12:53 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hey, you never know what will push somebody over the edge!

U-533
12-30-06, 01:48 PM
1. Sailor Steve will find a good paying job and nice place to live.
2. An up to date computer will find its way into my house. The damage it causes getting there will be minimal.
3. All people on these forums will smile at least once.
4. Florida will see 2 more theme parks open. One involves a "Redneck Theme"...something about beer,hunting,HOOTERS,NASCAR, and no education... The secound one ... well thats still fuzzy.
5. My backwards redneck boss will finally open his eyes and realize he is backwards and redneck.(If this happens the shock waves will be tremendous, possibly earth shattering, so dont count on this happening cause we still got to much to go through)[possibly after he visits a theme park in Florida]
6. Insanity will increase and driving your car will require higher insurence rates.
7. My spell check will start working.
8. My cat will train me to play fetch.
9. Pirates of the Carribean 3 will be delayed due to ... hmm ... thats kinda fuzzy
10. ...WHOW!!! I'm not going to say that one ...no way Jose!
11. Microsoft will.
12. People won't.
13. Stupidity will skyrocket and it will become a National pass time.
14. Ignorance will do the same.
15. A man in Florida will discover a way for SUV's to get 48MPG's ...
16. Gas companies and car manufactures will attempt to assassinate the man in prediction 15.
17. I have loaded all my weapons and I'm waiting for 15 and 16 to happen.

:sunny: :rock: :rotfl: :sunny:

U-533
01-01-07, 11:15 AM
Come on folks...
Give us your predictions...
We need the laughs:up:

Abraham
01-01-07, 11:58 AM
1. Sailor Steve will find a good paying job and nice place to live.
2. An up to date computer will find its way into my house. The damage it causes getting there will be minimal.
3. All people on these forums will smile at least once.
4. Florida will see 2 more theme parks open. One involves a "Redneck Theme"...something about beer,hunting,HOOTERS,NASCAR, and no education... The secound one ... well thats still fuzzy.
5. My backwards redneck boss will finally open his eyes and realize he is backwards and redneck.(If this happens the shock waves will be tremendous, possibly earth shattering, so dont count on this happening cause we still got to much to go through)[possibly after he visits a theme park in Florida]
6. Insanity will increase and driving your car will require higher insurence rates.
7. My spell check will start working.
8. My cat will train me to play fetch.
9. Pirates of the Carribean 3 will be delayed due to ... hmm ... thats kinda fuzzy
10. ...WHOW!!! I'm not going to say that one ...no way Jose!
11. Microsoft will.
12. People won't.
13. Stupidity will skyrocket and it will become a National pass time.
14. Ignorance will do the same.
15. A man in Florida will discover a way for SUV's to get 48MPG's ...
16. Gas companies and car manufactures will attempt to assassinate the man in prediction 15.
17. I have loaded all my weapons and I'm waiting for 15 and 16 to happen.

:sunny: :rock: :rotfl: :sunny:
Good for the first grin of the New Year... (the farther into the predictions, the funnier)
:D

nikimcbee
01-01-07, 03:41 PM
I predict that there will be a major SH4 scandal:|\\

...involving Drebbel (where is he anyway?):hmm:

peterloo
01-01-07, 10:10 PM
I know, I know, Bernard will mess up our U-boat and American subs again

The Avon Lady
01-03-07, 11:06 AM
Pat Robertson predicts (http://hotair.com/archives/2007/01/02/god-tells-pat-robertson-to-prepare-for-mass-killing-in-2007/).

nikimcbee
01-04-07, 12:56 AM
I'll hit 1000 posts:cool:

jumpy
01-04-07, 06:02 AM
I predict the following:
- more of the same.
- thiiiiings can only get betteeeeer?.... no, things can only remain the same.
- more widespread dissatisfaction.

And on a more personal note, I predict an insulting 'cost of living' pay rise for all of us underpaid and overworked stiffs, sometime around march '07. Whilst the bosses will all get fat bonuses and perks which will equal their arrogance and self aggrandisement, well done chaps. :nope:

Can you tell it's my first day back at work from the holidays?
It hit me this morning that the only reason I went to work today was because if I didn't I would have a slight problem with the rent. Whatever interest I had for my job finally evaporated over a large bottle of brandy, sometime between boxing day and new years eve.
Just to give you all a little insight into our little microcosm in the drawing office- as a large refrigeration contractor we receive drawings from clients and architects from which we create store layouts etc. But since the beginning of December we have had no means to print any of our drawings at A0. The largest size currently available is A4 :huh: this is a result of our plotter breaking. In their infinite wisdom, management have decided to stick their fingers in their ears and shout lalalalalalalalalalalalalala! at the top of their voices rather than cough up a couple of thousand quid for a new plotter. The lack of a decent plotter is a serious disadvantage to the work we do here- engineers cannot markup changes to layouts, clients and subcontractors cannot build according to our layouts, work here is grinding to a clanking shuddering halt with no solution in sight... if I didn't have to deal with loads of people clammoring for drawings all the time I'd be laughing my socks off
How this company ever managed to make an annual proffit in the reigon of tens of millions of pounds is beyond me.

Oh yer, don't mind me, happy ******* new year everyone :roll:

STEED
01-04-07, 06:49 AM
And on a more personal note, I predict an insulting 'cost of living' pay rise for all of us underpaid and overworked stiffs, sometime around march '07. Whilst the bosses will all get fat bonuses and perks which will equal their arrogance and self aggrandisement, well done chaps. :nope:

If Gordon Brown gets the job as PM. :damn:

And if he wins the next general election. :damn: :damn: :damn:

tycho102
01-04-07, 01:29 PM
I predict a cheese shortage in France, round about the first part of May and lasting well into mid-October.

U-533
01-05-07, 04:37 PM
I predict a cheese shortage in France, round about the first part of May and lasting well into mid-October.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

FIREWALL
01-05-07, 04:58 PM
I Predict for 2007.......... ? :hmm:

Sir Big Jugs
02-26-07, 02:07 PM
I predict that at least three more people will storm from the forums in a huff, vowing to 'leave forever', only to return less than two weeks later. We had three in the past year, and it seems a safe bet that this will at least be matched; perhaps even by some of the same people. Who would that be? :lol: :rock:

bradclark1
02-26-07, 03:52 PM
I predict that at least three more people will storm from the forums in a huff, vowing to 'leave forever', only to return less than two weeks later. We had three in the past year, and it seems a safe bet that this will at least be matched; perhaps even by some of the same people. Who would that be? :lol: :rock:

No. I was one of the three but the politics drug me back in.:)

Takeda Shingen
02-26-07, 04:48 PM

bradclark1 was speaking about himself, not you. Furthermore, if you wish to continue quitting and returning sporatically to pepper these forums with your very special brand of spam, I suggest that you mind your candor.

Thanks,
The Management

Penelope_Grey
02-26-07, 05:32 PM
More TAX

More Tax? OMG is that even possible!? Its like tax is going through the roof. I don't know what I pay tax on, as I am between jobs so no income tax for me, I think probably the main ones being fuel, VAT and of course the odd pack of menthol cigarettes I buy.

Something tells me the only way Tony Blair will go is kicking and screaming and there will be gouge marks as they try to pull him and his wide-mouthed wife out of Number 10.

ASWnut101
02-26-07, 06:37 PM
Taxes? Do what we (the United States) did way back in 1770-1776!:D

baggygreen
02-26-07, 08:23 PM
rebel and cede from themselves??:doh:

ASWnut101
02-26-07, 08:39 PM
Of course!:D

Penelope_Grey
02-27-07, 11:25 AM
Do we also chuck tons and tons of tea into the rivers as well? :lol:

Dowly
02-27-07, 11:29 AM
KABOOOM!!! RATATATATTAT!!! AAARRRGGHH!!! BOOM BOOM!!!! BRRRRAAAAAPPP!!!!! UUURGH!!! (=more war)

ReallyDedPoet
02-27-07, 11:38 AM
Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup....not! But I really wish they would:damn::damn:

STEED
12-01-07, 01:17 PM
Well here's mind for the U.K

More PC Madness
More TAX
Another scorcher summer

Iraq still a mess

As the year draws to an end let's see how well I did. ;)

U.K
More PC Madness
Got that one spot on but that was easy. :damn:

More TAX
Yep that was right but also an easy one. :damn:

Well it indeed happened, crud. :o

Another scorcher summer
Oops got that a little wrong should had said wet. :oops:

Bills to go up
Yea easy one to predict. :damn:

And now for the rest of the world.

Indeed we saw that on more than one occasion. :down:

They indeed and with mixed results.

Iraq still a mess
Sorry to see this is still the case. :nope:

Well we have seen China coming up fast so this is another yes.

And very little change in the world
Nothing big happen and we all plodded on with our life's.

And finally.
SUBSIMS

Well Neal's book must have done well for Neal to do a 2008 one, is Neal rich not sure. So it's a 50/50 on that one.

Hell yes we solved the worlds problems over night and had a bloody good laugh as well. :D :rotfl:

Coming soon STEED looks in to his 2008 crystal ball.

Skybird
12-01-07, 01:23 PM
Coming soon STEED looks in to his 2008 crystal ball.
That different people are. I am still assessing my predictions for 2007. :-?

Onkel Neal
12-01-07, 08:34 PM
So, Steed, where is your Predictions for 2008 thread? :)

CCIP
12-02-07, 03:27 AM
Well, the one prediction about me came true. I cut my hair a bit and I again do look like the Nazi guy from Das Boot :rotfl:

I should say I felt a bit of bitter irony when I noted that Abraham had posted in this thread :cry:

STEED
12-02-07, 11:37 AM
So, Steed, where is your Predictions for 2008 thread? :)

Coming soon Neal to a general topics forum near you. :rotfl:

Torplexed
12-02-07, 01:55 PM
Here's what I predict for 2007:

Torplexed will continue to make suggestive cartoons involving office equipmentAhhh. If only. :rotfl::arrgh!: