PDA

View Full Version : Recognition manual only providing warships

Harmzuay
12-25-06, 02:29 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before - I did a brief search through the forums, but found nothin' to help me out.

I'm still very, very new to the game - with GWX installed, I'm just lookin' to start my third patrol. I currently play on 65% realism - the only boxes left unchecked are the camera views and the manual targeting (hey, I like to watch my kills sink :p ). However, since I've vastly improved in my intercept course plotting and lining myself up for torpedo shots, I figured it was time to try and ween myself off of the automatic targeting. I've been able to sink a few ships by plotting their tracks and positioning myself a pre-determined distance away (as per the link in the newbie guide stickied at the top) but I'd like to be able to use the stadimeter tool to measure range just incase I ever found myself in a situation where I did not have the time to both plot a track and get out ahead of the intended target to use a pre-determined range.

The problem I'm having is my recognition manual is only providing information for warships. When I move my reticle over a contact and try to click the "ship" button nothing happens and then when I open my recognition manual it only provides me with a list of warships - not very helpful when you're trying to sink a C2.

I have a feeling this is just a case of me being a total newbie and there is, in fact, another manual with a list of merchants (some quick browsing through the instruction manual points me in that direction) but I, for the life of me, can't find it. :P

Thanks in advance.

[edit] And, I just found it...figures once I post I answer my own question. Heh. I feel a little silly now. Apologies all around.

Jimbuna
12-25-06, 06:22 AM
No prob mate...we've all been there :up:

Welcome aboard kaleun :arrgh!:

_Seth_
12-25-06, 10:21 AM
As jim says: No reason to apologize, mate! Been there, done that...

And BTW: Welcome, herr Kaleun! :yep: :up:

Sailor Steve
12-26-06, 12:24 PM
The arrows on the front cover take you to different books. For merchants go up one to the book that says 'Handelschiffe'.

AVGWarhawk
12-26-06, 12:41 PM
Man, I remember when I had my first beer. J/K. Welcome aboard swabbie!