Rose
12-24-06, 08:54 PM
Sieg Heil

Uhhh....

elite_hunter_sh3
12-24-06, 10:02 PM
NEIN that iz not german

looks different

but eney way SEIG HEIL (means hail victory i aint pro nazi :doh:)
and for the FHURER LAND AND THE FATHERLAND!!

(fhurer means leader so HA) :arrgh!::sunny:

Rose
12-24-06, 10:41 PM
NEIN that iz not german

looks different

but eney way SEIG HEIL (means hail victory i aint pro nazi :doh:)
and for the FHURER LAND AND THE FATHERLAND!!

(fhurer means leader so HA) :arrgh!::sunny:

Seig heil might mean hail victory, but it has strong connotations of hatred as well, and it is often associated with the Nazi party and the persecution of Jews. My point is, I would feel a strong impulse to smack anyone who said something like that in my presence. But it was a joke, and I like CCIP (and he made a very nice camera mod, among other things :D), so it's all good. I'm just saying, it could be interpreted the wrong way. Same thing with Fuhrer. I'm just defending my 1/2 Jewishness here (even though I'm about to be confirmed into the Catholic Church, which my Jewish grandparents don't even know about yet... doh!).

CCIP
12-25-06, 12:29 AM
I know, no harm meant. Being of primarily Russian (and also German and Finnish) background, I needn't any reminders of the Nazis.

It was just a bepuzzled exclamation at the thread :doh:

GV_Darkata
12-25-06, 03:59 PM
ciao 1mphunito grazie e Buon Natale a te, e alla tua Base "Maricosom".
ascolta: ma che cazzo dicono questi????:o :o :o
ciao

kurtz
12-25-06, 04:20 PM
Someone once pointed out to me that a possible translation of Triumph Aclaim (A Britsh motor car of the 60's, when we had a car industry) is Seig Heil...just trying to defuse a very strange thread

stabiz
12-25-06, 04:47 PM
Can someone explain what this is all about?

kurtz
12-25-06, 05:06 PM
Well it seemed to start off okay until someone tried a greeting in arabic, I can only recognise the sallam alekum bit, but that seems to have kicked off a rather convoluted carry on, which IO admit I haven't helped with my little known facts contribution.

I think we'd all benfit from an explanation..perhaps pst prandial xmas spirirts might explain much.:D

Rose
12-25-06, 05:13 PM
I know, no harm meant. Being of primarily Russian (and also German and Finnish) background, I needn't any reminders of the Nazis.

It was just a bepuzzled exclamation at the thread :doh:

That's what I thought. Just making sure :D.