PDA

View Full Version : Vs. Destroyer

nightdagger
12-23-06, 03:10 AM
I had just attacked a convoy, took out a T3 and C2 (I'll post a cool pic I have later) when a V&W destroyer decided to ruin my fun. After around 2 hours of constant pinging/depth charging I lost my patience and blew ballast. When he saw me surface, the DD tried to ram me. For some reason, he sunk himself by ramming my already damaged stern torpedo room. I don't care if it's a glitch or not, it was the most amazing kill I've had in SH3. Ever.

FongFongFong
12-23-06, 03:15 AM
Nice one, :p

Best I've done is sinking them by letting them skip over my conning tower. Sometimes the most amazing things happen, but you don't get credit for these kills.:damn:

Letum
12-23-06, 03:17 AM
Prahaps why ramming was banned after '43 :hmm:

Jimbuna
12-23-06, 07:19 AM
Sounds like your playing vanilla...don't think that happens very often in GW or GWX :arrgh!:

Kpt. Lehmann
12-23-06, 07:54 AM
Sounds like your playing vanilla...don't think that happens very often in GW or GWX :arrgh!:

Just an FYI, the ramming is an element of the AI that we cannot change. (We cannot mod the AI itself... only the way it perceives its environment.)

There were a number of real-life instances of ships ramming and/or attempting to ram U-boats. However, this was a tactic that many "higher-ups" deemed unecessary risk to the ship and crew attempting to ram... hence orders forbidding it.