PDA

View Full Version : weird GWX realism settings

raduz
12-18-06, 04:31 PM
it seems that when you use map updates on, it has no effect on realism %
but when you turn on the noise meter, it takes away 12%!! :down::down:
i dont understand this. are the map updates "more real" than a noise meter??

AVGWarhawk
12-18-06, 04:53 PM
Shut it all off and play like a man....100%. In all reality just use WO assist and outside views if you want. 84% and that is darn real to me. I use the outside views for the eye candy;). I use WO assist because that what he is there for:shifty:. Everything else is checked.

Sailor Steve
12-18-06, 04:54 PM
The original 'Map Updates' was totally unrealistic, giving a huge amount of information that no captain could possibly know. 'Map Updates' off is also unrealistic, giving no information at all, even what you would write on the map.

The solution was to create a limited 'Map Updates', giving only a small amount of info, but also to turn off the 'realism' limitation since it was now much more realistic than either of the original two options.

This was done a long time ago as an option, and is now standard 'supermod' procedure.

bigboywooly
12-18-06, 04:55 PM
The map updates might not be there when you get there and are reduced a lot from stock
The noise meter is a big give away when evading DD
Too much help

VIICDriver
12-18-06, 07:02 PM
I have enabled the stock map again in GWX. Call me a cheater! LOL

Chuck

Venatore
12-18-06, 07:06 PM
And this is why I use this.

http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches05/Sh3Gen%200.7.1%20(dotnet2.0).zip

robj250
12-18-06, 11:25 PM
And this is why I use this.

http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches05/Sh3Gen%200.7.1%20(dotnet2.0).zip

Will that help with the problem of the GWX screen being too large for a 1028x768 screen? I cannot read the sentences under the Ubisoft screen because they are too low, and I cannot see my men of the time on the command screen and at night I can't see a damned thing.

I have two other installs of Silent Hunter and they fit the screen perfectly.

Another problem I had was that when I try to make changes in Options and I click on Save All, it freezes the screen and I have to reset.

Is this program really "BUGGY"??? As I been reading.

EDIT: Perhaps I'd might just remove GWX and try another install.