PDA

View Full Version : Calm weather hunting grounds?

Stix
12-18-06, 02:19 PM
G'day guys.

As the title suggests i'm curious as to where to find some calm weather hunting areas. Just east of Scapa Flow has been good for me with lots of single merchants and calm weather but the depth through there is only about 80m and as would be expected it's crawling with DD's and aircraft.

Has anyone found some calm water areas in GWX worth patrolling?

Thanks in advance

Stix

SilverGhost
12-18-06, 02:41 PM
Depending on the time of year, the North Atlantic/Arctic is treacherous grounds...fall is not the best of weather up there.

Mid/South Atlantic in summer/fall...off the coast of North Africa to the Azores is fairly mellow. The traffic inbound to the Straits of Gibraltar, especially after Dec, '41, gets quite hairy - lots of warships and TF's.

AVGWarhawk
12-18-06, 02:42 PM
Just about everywhere but things change like the weather as they say. press the F5 key for the map, in the upper left hand corner is the shipping lanes map. Just use that and you should be fine. I do find that the further south I go the calmer the water gets. West African coast is calm or always has been for me.

plastik
12-18-06, 04:34 PM
press the F5 key for the map, in the upper left hand corner is the shipping lanes map.

how's this?? couldn't find it anywhere!! could you explain in more detail (screenshot??), please? or private message me so that we don't "contaminate" this thread. thanks!

mookiemookie
12-18-06, 04:36 PM
It's a greenish brown colored square. You click it and hold the mouse button down as you drag it down so you can see it.

AVGWarhawk
12-18-06, 04:50 PM
Like Mookie said, it is in the upper left hand corner of the F5 map page. You will see a small light brown rectangle. left click and hold it, drag own the map. There is also a minefield map there also. If you look even closer there is a recipe for apple pie from the GWX team as well. Show this to the cook!

Pants
12-19-06, 03:59 AM
If you can make it...make your way through gib and enter the med, just be VERY carefull :up:

Mooncatt
12-19-06, 08:37 AM
If you can make it...make your way through gib and enter the med, just be VERY carefull :up:

brave man:huh: i tend to stay clear i managed to get in once or twice but it is trecherous

Grell
12-19-06, 08:41 AM
brave man:huh: i tend to stay clear i managed to get in once or twice but it is trecherous

Yeah it's a crap shoot.

Regards,

Grell

plastik
12-19-06, 05:17 PM
@AVGWarhawk
@mookiemookie

i think i goofed up: i guess you are talking about GWX... i'm playing stock.
sorry for the fuss.:oops: cu!