PDA

View Full Version : Build your own U-boat.

Fish
12-15-06, 03:36 PM
Nice pics for U-Boat fans.

http://home.planet.nl/~oldeh030/

U-533
12-16-06, 07:18 AM
to cool...

Will it fire the Torpedos?

Camaero
12-16-06, 07:34 AM
wow that guy is an artist

CCIP
12-16-06, 12:21 PM
Just look at the last page. The torpedoes even have their own electric motors.

That guy is insane! Building a sub like that from scratch, and with a complex ballast tank system... that's just an incredible effort.:o

Abraham
12-16-06, 12:46 PM
Very interesting project.
Reminds me of the company 32th Parallel which used to make 1/32 r/c controlled models of submarines like the Gato and the U-VII.
The company suddenly disappeared - like me - and during a search action on internet I hit a site called subsim.com.

bookworm_020
12-17-06, 07:11 PM
He'll be the terror of the model battleships that fire ball bearings at each other! He just has to add a warhead to his torpedo's and away he goes!!

I wonder if he's married or has a girl? I wonder what they would think about this!!!:o

fire-fox
12-18-06, 01:29 PM
arrrr, this man has my respect. he's even modeling the lesser nowen Drafted Grolsh Snorkel. page 3 thered on the right colume.

:D

Melonfish
12-18-06, 05:22 PM
ok, i'm going to become a millionaire. then i'm going to get this guy to build me some type VII's then i'm gonna buy lots of big tankers and DD's then i'm going to arm the sub with those torpedo's with impact detonators and some explosives.
then i'm going to get a BIG pool and sink me some ships.

THEN i'm going to take it out to a club, where people sail their carefully crafted boats and sink some of them. (then pay them off with loadsa money just for sh*ts and giggles)

i wonder if a camera system would fit in the sub too? fiber optics used in the periscope say?, that would be SO kewl. you could actually pilot the sub whilst viewing from the periscope......

k i want to build one of these now.
pete

XabbaRus
12-18-06, 06:39 PM
Seeing how this guy builds his sub compared to some I've seen at subpirates and subcommittee, this guy's way is the one I'd have gone. A good sized hull and water tight junction boxes to hold all the electrics.

I see many sub makers even when making big subs use a Water Tight Cylinder which seems to really limit you.

Deimos01
12-19-06, 03:55 PM
I just love how creative he got with materials. Anyone else notice that his torpedoes are made from old cigar tubes?

Bungo_Pete
12-21-06, 07:47 PM
He's the man!.would be kinda nice thou if it was a IXB.

kiwi_2005
12-22-06, 12:05 AM
I can't understand the language but im guessing is it a tutorial on how to build one or is he talking about something else. Great job, wish i could do something like this.

lesrae
12-22-06, 03:50 AM
arrrr, this man has my respect. he's even modeling the lesser nowen Drafted Grolsh Snorkel. page 3 thered on the right colume.

:D

Even more impressive, in the same column - he has a beer font in his workshop :()1: