PDA

View Full Version : US sub crew names

THE_MASK
12-14-06, 07:54 PM
Found some great US sub crew names

http://www.drbukk.com/fambly_names/q-t.html

Cpt. Stewker
12-14-06, 08:18 PM
Iva Rash caught my name. Since sub crews were all male, I'll make Iva short for Ivan.

bookworm_020
12-14-06, 08:47 PM
Iva Rash caught my name. Since sub crews were all male, I'll make Iva short for Ivan.

It sounds like a replacement for Bernard when we transfer to the Pacific!

Sailor Steve
12-15-06, 11:21 AM
Not every name we associate with women started out as a woman's name. I've read many listings of World War Two officers (all men) with names like Beverly, and don't forget Doris Miller, the black cook who distinguished himself at Pearl Harbor.

Even in the bible: everyone knows about Noah, who built the ark. Many books later you'll find that King David named one of his daughters Noah.

Sailor Steve
12-15-06, 11:25 AM
Oh, and speaking of names, I have a copy of this wonderful piece of silliness, titled If You Can Read This, You're Still Sober:

A duel was fought between Bob S. Schott and John Nott.
Schott was shot and Nott was not.
It is said by some that Nott was shot and Schott was not, but most think it was Nott who was shot and not Schott.
It may be that the shot Schott shot shot Nott, or possibly the shot Schott shot shot, not Nott, but Schott himself.
Anyway, it's hard to tell who was shot and who was not.

Cpt. Stewker
12-15-06, 11:30 AM
Iva Rash caught my name. Since sub crews were all male, I'll make Iva short for Ivan. Not every name we associate with women started out as a woman's name. I've read many listings of World War Two officers (all men) with names like Beverly, and don't forget Doris Miller, the black cook who distinguished himself at Pearl Harbor.

Even in the bible: everyone knows about Noah, who built the ark. Many books later you'll find that King David named one of his daughters Noah.

True enough but thank god I live in the US and can name someone and nickname someone any thing I like.

Sailor Steve
12-15-06, 12:24 PM
True enough but thank god I live in the US and can name someone and nickname someone any thing I like.
True, but maybe there should be limits. I once knew a woman who said that her newborn son was the only solid thing in her life.

She named the poor kid "Concrete".

fire-fox
12-15-06, 12:55 PM
please tell me these are for real. if saw could be a relitive = Roscoe, Ramblin:-?

fire-fox
12-15-06, 12:58 PM
:rotfl: Vile, Chunkie :rotfl: