PDA

View Full Version : Sound Settings In SHIII

gapman
12-13-06, 05:38 PM
What should I set the sound settings(in options/sound) to hear the crew respond to my commands ? After I installed the Grey Wolves Super Mod, I no longer get a response when I give commands(like 'periscope depth-then the crew says PD-Yes Sir) as the response scrolls across the text box. Thanks

_Seth_
12-13-06, 05:41 PM
Hi gapman! Have you tried to look under the options in the menu? I think all settings for this is under "sound"..
BTW: Welcome!!

gapman
12-13-06, 06:04 PM
Yes-I found the sound options menu, I just don't know what the correct settings are to hear a response from my crew to commands.

THE_MASK
12-13-06, 06:08 PM
I set my crew voices level to -5db

Corrupt_File
12-13-06, 07:14 PM
The whole decibel system is kind of stupid imo. What's wrong with the standard min/max bar?

danlisa
12-14-06, 03:37 AM
I run the game at low TC and do other things around the house. I always leave my Crew Voices a 0 and turn down the other effects to about -5. this way I can always here warnings/alerts from my crew.

gapman
12-15-06, 05:06 PM
In the "vanilla" version of SHIII, when I hit a command(lets say P-Periscope). I could see "Periscope Depth Requested and hear a crew member say-"Periscope Depth Sir", or press = and a crew member would say something like "change course(as I headed to my view of the ship I was after). Now I hear NO voice commands at all ! What am I doing wrong in the GW MOD. I don't even get all the text commands in the box for all commands I issue. Any ideas? Thanks

GreyBeard
12-15-06, 08:04 PM
I've noticed that I only hear voice responses to my commands if I'm at a TC of 1. Could that be what it is? Certainly easy to overlook something like that.

bigboywooly
12-15-06, 08:31 PM
I believe a lot of them were commented out so are not used

_Seth_
12-15-06, 08:37 PM
I believe a lot of them were commented out so are not used

:yep: Example: "abandon ship" is not used in the game, but it exists as an .ogg file. I used the mp3 version of this and several other "left-outs" in the movie "The convoy". Too bad the sound was made, and not the action....
Bad, bad Ubisoft...shame on you...:nope::rotfl:

Jan Kyster
12-15-06, 09:58 PM
I lost voices because of setting TC for sound effects to 1. Got them back by raising it (Sh3Commander). :ping: