PDA

View Full Version : US military meeting recruitment goals

Cpt. Stewker
12-12-06, 11:03 PM
For the full article go here. Some good news regarding our military, recruitment is meeting goals.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123034964

EDIT: I should mention, continue to meet goals.

bookworm_020
12-12-06, 11:40 PM
Is this just a spike or is it a trend up over a period of time?? Remember that they are still behind on overall numbers, that they're hoping to recruit.

Kazuaki Shimazaki II
12-13-06, 12:47 AM
Let's also hope they hadn't quietly lowered the recruiting standards to grab more...

August
12-13-06, 12:49 AM
Is this just a spike or is it a trend up over a period of time?? Remember that they are still behind on overall numbers, that they're hoping to recruit.

Link?

Cpt. Stewker
12-13-06, 01:17 AM
I really hate misinformation in the world. It is responsible for so much of this country's image. The recruitment issues largely are old news.

Here is an excellent article. That due to the liberal bias in the media and the "no news like bad news" rule in today's news agencies you have never seen or heard.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2176450&page=1

EDIT: silly spelling mistakes.

nightdagger
12-13-06, 07:04 AM
Whether they've lowered them or not, standards are pretty high to join the military, especially for an all-volunteer force.

blue3golf
12-13-06, 08:32 PM
Right now I'm in the middle of recruiting duty for the Army. We made our mission for the quarter just last month and as far as percentage wise we were over 100%

Cpt. Stewker
12-13-06, 08:34 PM
Right now I'm in the middle of recruiting duty for the Army. We made our mission for the quarter just last month and as far as percentage wise we were over 100%

Always good to hear it from the source, Blue3golf. :up:

bookworm_020
12-13-06, 09:16 PM
I just wanted to know if the figures had been reached, as they were low earlier in the year. I wasn't commenting on the recruitment methods or policy, I just wanted to know, thats all!:yep:

Thanks for the answers and links!:up: