PDA

View Full Version : hedgehogs

ober lt lare
12-12-06, 10:07 PM
hi was wondering what depth do i need to be at to escape the hedgehogs i almost lost my boat but escaped can anyone help with this please let me know

ober lt lare

nightdagger
12-12-06, 10:20 PM
Hedgehogs explode on contact, so prevention is probably the only really effective way to get away.

bookworm_020
12-12-06, 11:29 PM
The greater the depth the longer you have to get away from them. Once you see them lauch at you, turn and pile on the speed, then you have a good chance of getting away from them.

Just watch out for the follow up with depth charges, as that can ruine your day!:dead:

peterloo
12-12-06, 11:29 PM
Don't expect that you can escape the hedgehogs. They are impossibe to evade since they sink fast (like Sonic the hedgehog) and explode on impact (so diving deep doesn't help)

The only thing you can do is pray for a miss. But the probability is low

Historically, U-boat get wasted after 1~2 hits, but luckily, the hedgehogs in SH3 is not the lethal (I don't know why, the manual just say cause they carry little explosive) than the one used by the Allies in Second Battle of Atlantic

The game makes the damage to U-boat by hedgehog like damage inflicted by a Kilo hit by Limbo, makes me feel a little bit disappointed

Lanzfeld
12-13-06, 12:42 AM
"Once you see them launch at you" ???

BOOKWORM!!!

Are you using the...................EVENT CAMERA?!?!?!?

d@rk51d3
12-13-06, 12:44 AM
:lol: I was wondering when the "Sonic" references would appear.

bookworm_020
12-13-06, 12:49 AM
"Once you see them launch at you" ???

BOOKWORM!!!

Are you using the...................EVENT CAMERA?!?!?!?

NO I have the event camera switched off. I was looking with the free camera. I love the god's eye view on what's happening to me, even if it's me being nailed by a flock of angery destroyers after gutting a convoy!