PDA

View Full Version : Update: game crashes to blue screen on exit

von Zelda
12-12-06, 09:51 PM
Problem: game crashes on exit to a blue screen then computer reboots.

Tried the following: got rid of FS AutoStat, tried SH3 Commander 2.5, 2.6 & 2.7, played game without Commander, installed updated video driver, then reinstalled SH3, 1.1 patch, GW, SH3 Commander and problem reoccured.

Solution: so far it seems to be running the game with synchronized video OFF (unchecked) in the video option page. I've played the game for months with synchronized ON (because I thought game played smoother) with no problems and then last week it began crashing to a blue screen on exit. Go figure.

I'm posting this update because I remember one other person saying they were having the same problem. I hope this helps.

Corrupt_File
12-12-06, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem. Seems it's worst when I view externally (external camera or bridge). I can't read what the bsod says because it's so quick, but apparently is the video card. What vcard are you using?

Albrecht Von Hesse
12-12-06, 10:38 PM
Go to control panel. Click 'system'. Select the 'advanced' tab. At the bottom you'll see 'startup and recovery'; click settings. Halfway down you'll see 'system failure'; deselect the 'automatically restart' box. Click 'OK' to save.

This keeps Windows from automatically restarting when you BSoD, so you can actually see and read the error message.

Corrupt_File
12-12-06, 10:42 PM
Go to control panel. Click 'system'. Select the 'advanced' tab. At the bottom you'll see 'startup and recovery'; click settings. Halfway down you'll see 'system failure'; deselect the 'automatically restart' box. Click 'OK' to save.

This keeps Windows from automatically restarting when you BSoD, so you can actually see and read the error message.

Done, thanks... now to wait until my computer see's my 20000+ tonnage without saving and decides to commit blue-icide.

danlisa
12-13-06, 03:23 AM
....then reinstalled SH3, 1.1 patch, GW, SH3 Commander and problem reoccured.

I'm glad you found a solution but is this correct or a typo? 1.1 Patch?? You should be using 1.4b Patch.

von Zelda
12-13-06, 07:10 AM
Sorry, yes it is a typo, should have been 1.4 but I was in a hurry to post and did not proof-read very well.

When the computer reboots, I get a message to report error to Microsoft. I sent error report and immediately received reply that it was the ATI video driver problem. Which is why I updated the video driver but this did not resolve the problem.

So, the last thing I've changed is unchecking the synchronized block on the video option page. So far in about three exist from game the problem has not returned. I hope this is the sollution.