PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Crash

Morts
12-07-06, 09:09 AM
how come my SH3 crashes everytime i join a multiplayer game.

everytime its done loading the mission/map it gives me a black screen, looping sound and then it crashes:shifty:

danlisa
12-07-06, 09:12 AM
The trick with MP is that you must have EXACTLY the same setup/files as the other players.

The best way to ensure this is to have another install that is untouched for use on MP.

That said, it is also possible that the people you want to join in MP may have modded their copies and you are not at fault.

Morts
12-07-06, 09:13 AM
okay.

thx for the quick reply:)

melnibonian
12-07-06, 09:14 AM
Hello

are you playing stock game or a mod???

GW for example is a bit unstable in multiplayer. As a general rule to be able to play MP games every member must have EXACTLY the same game in terms of installations, characteristics etc. My suggestion would be to have a separate installation of SH (or the mod you like eg GW) without any mods installed over it and use it only for MPs.

melnibonian
12-07-06, 09:15 AM
The trick with MP is that you must have EXACTLY the same setup/files as the other players.

The best way to ensure this is to have another install that is untouched for use on MP.

That said, it is also possible that the people you want to join in MP may have modded their copies and you are not at fault.
Dan you beat me in this for a minute or so. You're quick mate ;)

Morts
12-07-06, 09:16 AM
im playing modded SH3 (GW)

i think the problem is fixed now :D

thanks guys :)

danlisa
12-07-06, 09:16 AM
Yep:smug: Shame yours is a bit tempermental aswell Mel.

danlisa
12-07-06, 09:18 AM
@ Morts

You can still play MP with mods, it's just that everyone must have the same.

For example, there are many people playing MP with a GWX Beta Version.

melnibonian
12-07-06, 09:19 AM
It's true. For some reason I'm having problems with GWX MP. But I had a chat with MrChris the other day and he suggested to set up a different installation of 'out of the box GWX' (once it's released) that we can all use and bring death and destruction to the Royal Navy;)

Untill that time I'll try to join you guys in the MP while I'm keeping my fingers crossed to manage to play:D

Morts
12-07-06, 09:22 AM
@ Morts

You can still play MP with mods, it's just that everyone must have the same.

For example, there are many people playing MP with a GWX Beta Version.

okay:)

Jimbuna
12-07-06, 01:21 PM
It's true. For some reason I'm having problems with GWX MP. But I had a chat with MrChris the other day and he suggested to set up a different installation of 'out of the box GWX' (once it's released) that we can all use and bring death and destruction to the Royal Navy;)

Untill that time I'll try to join you guys in the MP while I'm keeping my fingers crossed to manage to play:D

Hmm...I wondered why you'd been missing lately :hmm:

melnibonian
12-07-06, 02:38 PM
Hmm...I wondered why you'd been missing lately :hmm:
Well to be totally honest with you I was really busy with work. It's the end of term in the Uni so I have to correct a number of papers, prepare exams etc. It's total chaos. I think I should be able to try the MP again from tomorrow (Friday):D :D
PM me or put up a post in the MP thread in the GWX forum and we can arrange to play a couple of missions

Jimbuna
12-07-06, 07:32 PM
:lol: YOUR A*S IS GRASS hehe

Catchya tomorrow mate :up:

melnibonian
12-07-06, 07:34 PM
Sure thing Jim

and I'll be wearing my body armour just in case :D :D :D :D

Jimbuna
12-08-06, 04:29 AM
Sure thing Jim

You bet :D

Tonight Fri 8th 1900 GMT (for the benefit of our fellow kaleuns in far away lands) :up:

melnibonian
12-08-06, 07:44 AM
Sure thing Jim

You bet :D

Tonight Fri 8th 1900 GMT (for the benefit of our fellow kaleuns in far away lands) :up:

Count me in Jim I'll be there:up:

mr chris
12-08-06, 10:30 AM
Yes i will be there so make sure you are diving deep Jim when im fireing:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
12-08-06, 11:10 AM
Yes i will be there so make sure you are diving deep Jim when im fireing:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :up: