PDA

View Full Version : Convoy reports...

spork542
12-05-06, 06:32 AM
I didn't know this could happen!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6338/sh32006120418580320ad9.jpg

I attacked and sank two tankers in convoy in two separate attacks, one at 2345 hours and another at 0600 hours the next day. It would be cool if other boats could attack the convoy in a wolfpack, don't you think? It would add more variety to the game. Imagine, seeing ships exploding in the distance and then reminding yourself that you're the one who sent the convoy spotted report.

melnibonian
12-05-06, 06:36 AM
Unfortunatelly due to the way the AI is working in SH3 you cannot use wolfpacks. I also think that there are codding problems in using AI torpedoes. What you are suggesting would have been brilliant but the only substitute I think is an MP game.

Jimbuna
12-05-06, 08:08 AM
Yeah....ask MrChris :hmm: I seem to recall getting hit off one of his homing torps the other night on MP :lol: ROFLMAO

Tachyon
12-05-06, 08:09 AM
In the campaign ,you can only find AI subs near ports...and as milk cows in the atlantic (assuming ur using GW or a milk cow mod). Pretty sad...it was AOD's shortcoming as well (although AOD did have wolfpacks for single missions)

MarshalLaw
12-05-06, 08:40 AM
In WPL we are able to do this. We play the campaign seperately, If a convoy is spotted other boats in the area are vectored in and once everyone makes contact with the convoy, Exact info is relayed to mission writers they make a mission it is emailed to the lead boat and the guys play it online. I've been a part of several, fun times indeed. Once the mission is played online, results are emailed back to BDU and you go back playing the campaign once again.

AVGWarhawk
12-05-06, 09:32 AM
Wolf packs are nice but hey, they will be taking my tonnage!!!! Hence the lone wolf hunting so I can grab it all!!!!!!!!

bigboywooly
12-05-06, 02:27 PM
In WPL we are able to do this. We play the campaign seperately, If a convoy is spotted other boats in the area are vectored in and once everyone makes contact with the convoy, Exact info is relayed to mission writers they make a mission it is emailed to the lead boat and the guys play it online. I've been a part of several, fun times indeed. Once the mission is played online, results are emailed back to BDU and you go back playing the campaign once again.

A little OT but what year are you up to now ?
I had to kill my boat off in 40 due to other business leaving me no time
Poor ole Herbert Wagner :nope: