PDA

View Full Version : Hey danlisa.... your mods??

Sgt Swanson
12-04-06, 11:40 PM
I DL'd your skins and jsme says that their in TGW. Is this true? If I load them up the game or mod my not work right. Are the already included in it?

danlisa
12-05-06, 01:55 AM
Have you got anyother skins enabled in JSGME? If so JSGME is just telling you that the files are already modified. Disable them and then enable mine.

Edit - also during the extraction process, an extra folder is created. The folder which you put in JSGME should have the path....(example)

IXC Winter Camo\data\submarine.....etc.....

NOT

IXC Winter Camo\IXC Winter Camo\data\submarine......etc....

Sgt Swanson
12-05-06, 10:54 AM
Looks like the top one was correct. You 7z.zipped them, so I opened that and copied the folder right into the MODS folder for jsme to find it. Would it be easier to just put the files in directly?

And, are all the files found in the same folder in the game? Or, do I have to hunt around for them?

These are the ONLY U-Boat skins I've DL'd so far. Couldn't find any for the Type II boats.

danlisa
12-05-06, 11:00 AM
Extract the ZIP to your desktop. You should have a new extracted folder called, whatever the skin is.... Then check to make sure that the folder structure is the same as in my first post. Then copy the whole folder into the JSGME MODS folder in your SH3 installation. Then enable via JSGME.

ALWAYS use JSGME if you can because you can always revert back to the original set of files.

Would it be easier to just put the files in directly?

And, are all the files found in the same folder in the game? Or, do I have to hunt around for them?

This would overwrite the originals and there would no way to go back. Not a good idea.

Sgt Swanson
12-05-06, 11:09 AM
So far so good. I did all that last night, then got the msg. That's what promted me to ask.

If there is a mod for a game I have then I use it. First time I saw such a msg, so it spooked me.

Thought that maybe you gave them to the TGW team to incorperate into the mod and I DL'd the mod after the fact. So, I didn't want to overwrite the same info twice.

danlisa
12-05-06, 11:20 AM
No, TGW have decided to stay with the generic grey skins for all boats as they are a 'neutral ground'. i.e nobody likes one more than the other.

You should be all set for using my skin now:up: Enjoy.

Sgt Swanson
12-05-06, 06:42 PM
Thank you sir. Just checked them out while waiting for an answer to my other thread. The 2nd install crashed to desktop on me.

Fantastic job!!:up:

Any good ones for the Type II & VII boats that you recomend?

stabiz
12-05-06, 07:18 PM
Yes, there are lots of great VII skins. Just search for "VII skin" in the mods section, and you should find some real lookers done by fubar and graf(?).