PDA

View Full Version : giving a ship a stab in the taint

Incubus
12-04-06, 02:10 PM
In stock SHIII (with the unrealistic yet funny collision damage) has anyone tried getting under a ship and poking it in the keep with the periscope? During one patrol I got jumped by a DD, I knew I was probably hosed anyway so I started goofing around, trying to jab it in the ass by raising my periscope underneath it. I couldn't manage it because the DD was moving too fast but it would be a fun experiment on a motionless ship.

It would be quite hilarious to sink a ship by breaking it in half by your periscope. Of course having the wreckage come down on you probably wouldn't be as hilarious :huh:

melnibonian
12-04-06, 03:10 PM
I think this is a stock bug, but I don't think you get renown and the kill if you ram the enemy. In GW/GWX there is no way you can sink a ship using your scope.

mr chris
12-04-06, 03:13 PM
I think this is a stock bug, but I don't think you get renown and the kill if you ram the enemy. In GW/GWX there is no way you can sink a ship using your scope.

Raise your scope are you a madman Mel :rotfl: :rotfl:
You should know what happends to people who raise there scopes in the middle of a convoy;) ;) ;)
They end up KEELHAULING BERNARD:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
12-04-06, 03:31 PM
Man, I though I had a lot of time on my hands.....

Incubus
12-04-06, 04:34 PM

Oh, I know. It was pretty funny the first time I was depth charged by a DD in a way that made my boat jump about 8 meters while my bow was under the DD, causing the poor Tommie to self-destruct right on top of me. I know it is a bug and not historical/realistic, but it is funny. That's why I was curious about the scope hitting the ships hull.

Maybe I can disable DDs by jamming their prop with the periscope...:hmm: