PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy SSN problem

richoahu
12-02-06, 06:47 PM
Aloha all,

very nice site ya got here. i have been plying sub sims since the silent hunter 1 (i miss that game, never been able to get running on today's machines)

however, i just dug out another old game, and i thought maybe it would work. SSN, i had to run it in windows compatibility mode to instal it. i then also ran it in win 95 compatability mode to try and play.

the game starts up, then shows the introduction vid, then gets an error. i tried checking all of the boxes in the compatibility window (turn all off) it still doesn't work.

tried running in every windows mode as well....same error.

anyone had any luck? or should i just set this game aside forever like i did Sh1 :-(

thank you for any ideas. can post here, or e-mail me at

theregos@hawaii.rr.com

thank you!

~Rich

Grayback
12-03-06, 03:02 PM
Aloha all,

the game starts up, then shows the introduction vid, then gets an error. i tried checking all of the boxes in the compatibility window (turn all off) it still doesn't work.

~Rich

Might have a suggestion for you if you can specify what the error is.

richoahu
12-03-06, 03:36 PM
it just pops a window up that says SSN.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

in the same window it asks me to send the information to msn. there is a "details" area but it is alot of information. i tried looking at it to see if it would say "error" anyplace but i didn't see it.

i had actualy uninstalled it after not being able to make it work yesterday, then needed to re instal so i could tell ya what the error said. it actualy almost let me play! this time it got all the way to the final loading, before it crashed right after the introduction vid, this time i was able to create33333333333333333333 profile, watch second vid, accept mission, then it crashed.

and on another note, i tried to get SH1 working yesterday...no luck, i do remember a work around using the comand prompt, but i forget. it installed but just won't run.

i then tried to install SH II, it installed but when run nothing happen.

so after trying all those games, i loaded SH III and at least it still works.