PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

Corrupt_File
12-01-06, 11:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a little problem. Many of my sounds aren't working, such as crew voices, flak guns and deck guns (actually, they make a whisper). My volume is up, I can hear ambient noises (my diesels, crash alarm, enemy aircraft (just outside of Nazaire ??)). I've been playing it over a year and nothing like this has ever happened. I restarted my game and comp. I use GW,SH3Cmdr, and SH3weather. I don't think I changed any audio settings, all ingame audio is at 0 db (which is weird, but its either 0 or -'ve). Any ideas of what caused this or what the fix is. I'd rather not reinstall.

Thanx

Albrecht Von Hesse
12-01-06, 11:28 PM
I guess the first obvious question to ask, is if you recently added, installed or modified anything to your system, either software or hardware.

irish1958
12-01-06, 11:33 PM
When people have had sound problems in the past, turning off hardware acceleration on the sound card has sometimes helped. I would try this; if it doesn't work, and you have not added any new programs to your computer, you may have to reinstall.

Corrupt_File
12-01-06, 11:39 PM
I guess the first obvious question to ask, is if you recently added, installed or modified anything to your system, either software or hardware.

nope

When people have had sound problems in the past, turning off hardware acceleration on the sound card has sometimes helped. I would try this; if it doesn't work, and you have not added any new programs to your computer, you may have to reinstall.

ill try this and get back to you