PDA

View Full Version : log msg

rjcjunior
12-01-06, 09:35 AM
Hello!!!

Need some help. when I try start the game I receive one error msg: shIII.exe it generated one error, the program must be restarted. One log will be created. :damn: :nope:

What's happen????

Where this log was created? I uninstall the program and reinstall it, but the same msg appears again. Can't believe in this, I lost my cd key, and if I reformat the HD.... OH no!!!:damn::damn::damn:

FIREWALL
12-01-06, 05:23 PM
Hello!!!

Need some help. when I try start the game I receive one error msg: shIII.exe it generated one error, the program must be restarted. One log will be created. :damn: :nope:

What's happen????

Where this log was created? I uninstall the program and reinstall it, but the same msg appears again. Can't believe in this, I lost my cd key, and if I reformat the HD.... OH no!!!:damn::damn::damn:

When you buy your next SH-3 hang on to CD KEY:yep:

_Seth_
12-01-06, 06:35 PM
How did you manage to loose your cd-key????

Tachyon
12-02-06, 01:05 AM
Couple of reasons why :

1)Had a fight with girlfriend, to satisfy her vengeance, she stole the cd-key.
2)Bernard.

Hmm..but still, there must be some workaround for those who lost their cd-keys. You do have the original box don't you?

TarJak
12-02-06, 01:26 AM
Tachyon, Be very very careful. The moderators here don't hold with that sort of talk. You are better off looking somewhere else for this sort of info or you'll end up in the Brig. Just ask Seth.

Any discussion of circumventing security for CD's will not be tolerated here.:nope:

Albrecht Von Hesse
12-02-06, 01:44 AM
TarJak is dead on about that.

The only approved means I'm aware of in the event someone has lost their key, or it doesn't work for whatever reason, is to contact Ubisoft direct. My understanding is that they usually can get you fixed up in a reasonable amount of time.

Tachyon
12-02-06, 02:00 AM
You've misinterpreted my post, both of you.

When I meant workaround, I meant contacting UBISOFT, and that's why I asked if he he had the box. I do believe there's something like a product code in the box that UBISOFT uses to confirm it.

I lost my box, so I'm not sure.

I admit that I wasn't too specific in my previous post, for this I apologize.

_Seth_
12-02-06, 03:36 AM
Tachyon, Be very very careful. The moderators here don't hold with that sort of talk. You are better off looking somewhere else for this sort of info or you'll end up in the Brig. Just ask Seth.

Any discussion of circumventing security for CD's will not be tolerated here.:nope:

Yes, thats true! Its a reason that some sort of things are unmentionable, and lets respect that. :yep:
This is why i asked rjcjunior how he managed to loose the cd-key. My cd-key is printed on the SHIII DVD, so loosing it would require that i lost my DVD. I suppose some have the game with cd-key in the box, so that makes it possible to loose the key, without loosing the DVD.
Conclusion: Buy new SHIII DVD, or contact Ubisoft. :up:

Jimbuna
12-02-06, 05:20 AM

Yes, thats true! Its a reason that some sort of things are unmentionable, and lets respect that. :yep:
This is why i asked rjcjunior how he managed to loose the cd-key. My cd-key is printed on the SHIII DVD, so loosing it would require that i lost my DVD. I suppose some have the game with cd-key in the box, so that makes it possible to loose the key, without loosing the DVD.
Conclusion: Buy new SHIII DVD, or contact Ubisoft. :up:

DITTO :yep:

TarJak
12-02-06, 08:24 AM

When I meant workaround, I meant contacting UBISOFT, and that's why I asked if he he had the box. I do believe there's something like a product code in the box that UBISOFT uses to confirm it.

No need to apologise. The point I was trying to make was that even discussion of such things will draw the attention of the moderators and a possible period in the brig. Only trying to keep you out of trouble.:yep:

The Ubisoft route is probably you next best port of call other than shelling out for another DVD. You can buy it here on Subsim for a reasonable price, depending on where you are in the world and what the exchange rates are up to.

I wish you luck with Ubisoft.

Tachyon
12-02-06, 10:48 AM

No need to apologise. The point I was trying to make was that even discussion of such things will draw the attention of the moderators and a possible period in the brig. Only trying to keep you out of trouble.:yep:

The Ubisoft route is probably you next best port of call other than shelling out for another DVD. You can buy it here on Subsim for a reasonable price, depending on where you are in the world and what the exchange rates are up to.

I wish you luck with Ubisoft.

Point well taken, thanks 4 looking out for me! :up:

Now, hopefully this question won't get me into trouble with the mods......

Where do i get a bottle of Schnapps?

rjcjunior
12-02-06, 05:32 PM
The lost of cd key is another question:oops: , my post is about the problem of the error msg:hmm: . Buy another... it's sheap, but my pc functioning well, no reason for reformat.

Thanks for the clue.:up: