PDA

View Full Version : Morale does it function?

oscar19681
11-28-06, 10:04 AM
I have GW1.1a latest sh3 commander and latest patch . I,ve been playing sh3 since it first came out . But i never figured out what the morale does ! fatigue is prettey straight forward and changes as the men fatigue . But morale allways remaind the same in the morale bar even if the men are exausted . The only difference is . Sailors have the lowest morale but the bar is identical for al sailors . The morale for petty officers is medium and is identical for al petty officers . The highest morale is for the officers which is needles to say always the same in the bar under any conditions for al offiicers . So whats up with the morale? Shouldent the level of morale change over time for different classes of crewmen ? Say when under attack of depth charges?

Tachyon
11-28-06, 10:21 AM
I do believe it changes according to the situation , if you encounter a convoy, the morale reportedly shoots through the roof (I'm using GW1.1.a).

I think morale is somehow linked to fatigue, sailors with a good morale are willing to work harder...and they'd be fatigued a lot more slower, of course I'm not too sure myself. Can someone else clarify??? (Why do i even bother posting this??? :P )

oscar19681
11-28-06, 01:13 PM
I.ve never ever seen morale change in any of the situations you mentioned. Both in stock version and GW1.1A

con20or
11-28-06, 02:25 PM
It works in the NYGM mod.

If you dont sink ships/take casualties etc, it drops, and your crew tires faster.

Tachyon
11-28-06, 04:27 PM
Ah yes pardon me, I was using NYGM at the time, before i switched over to GW, sorry for the error.

But yes, I think it's quite useless really....Don't know why Ubisoft even bothered putting that. Atleast AOD was forgiving when it came to crew management :/