PDA

View Full Version : Yet, another mising WWII sub found

The_Blockade_Runner
11-25-06, 03:24 PM
Another interesting story:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/a-wwii-submarine-finally-comes-home/20061123162909990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Jimbuna
11-25-06, 05:22 PM
A real fighting boat she was by all accounts...the first skipper was replaced because of suspicions he was not being aggressive enough and the next/last skipper was exactly the opposite. A fine tribute to America and it's navy I reckon. The news of her finding was reported on Subsim last month...I can't wait for SH4 to try and emulate such a fine boat :up:

IceGrog
11-25-06, 05:35 PM
A real fighting boat she was by all accounts...the first skipper was replaced because of suspicions he was not being aggressive enough and the next/last skipper was exactly the opposite. A fine tribute to America and it's navy I reckon. The news of her finding was reported on Subsim last month...I can't wait for SH4 to try and emulate such a fine boat :up:

Yes a great fighting lady she was and the men who sailed her. One of the first books I read about submarines was her story. Didn’t know that "Destination Tokyo," was based on her, going to have check that one out.
Thanks